Phoenix rv parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband and I plan to spend the winter of 2019 in the Phoenix area while I have a knee replacement surgery.  We are looking for recommendations of good, clean, affordable rv parks in which to stay for several months.  We need help.  Thanking you in advance.  Oh, we have a 37 ft. New Horizons fifth wheel with a 7 foot Idaho Tote platform on the back of it.

Best of luck on your surgery.

A lot will depend on what you desire regarding proximity to hospital or a quiet remote area.

Also keep in mind when you get out of the hospital. Getting into a standard RV with a new knee may be challenging.  Maybe plan on a temporary ramp.

Desert Edge RV Park in north Phoenix is a nice park.  We stayed there 3-months and had a good stay.

Which hospital and what are you looking for in amenities and price?  In most parks I have priced in the area, the best rate is the monthly rate which can vary by season.  Right now is peak season with the highest rates.  I am currently in Mesa Spirit and pay about $580 a month plus electricity on a six month lease.  The park is fairly full.  We have also stayed at Desert Sands.  I do not remember the rate, but a nice older park that needs some upkeep.  Also stayed at Pioneer RV park in North Phoenix.  They want to you to pay to landscape your lot if you stay more than six months, do not welcome units over 10 years old and the spaces are not that nice.  Hopefully some others in the area can add to the knowledge base

You might check with the hospital. 
My wife had heart surgery in Little Rock, AR.  The hospital there has an arrangement with a local COE park.  They have 10 sites for long term medical patient use.  All we needed was a letter from the hospital and we could stay at this park for as long as she was a patient(we ended up there for 3 months).  The medical sites were not shown on the campground map, and the only way you could occupy one was with authorization from the hospital.  The sites were also full hookup sites...the only ones in the campground, and with my senior pass were only $12/night.

johnaye said:
Which hospital and what are you looking for in amenities and price?  In most parks I have priced in the area, the best rate is the monthly rate which can vary by season.  Right now is peak season with the highest rates.  I am currently in Mesa Spirit and pay about $580 a month plus electricity on a six month lease.  The park is fairly full.  We have also stayed at Desert Sands.  I do not remember the rate, but a nice older park that needs some upkeep.  Also stayed at Pioneer RV park in North Phoenix.  They want to you to pay to landscape your lot if you stay more than six months, do not welcome units over 10 years old and the spaces are not that nice.  Hopefully some others in the area can add to the knowledge base

Hi John and Becky,

We are also at Mesa Spirit RV Park. It really is a nice park. We are only here until the end of January. I would like to ask you a couple questions about the lease you have here as we might be interested in coming back some time for another winter. Maybe you could PM me and we could meet up some time?

Thanks,
Vicki

Thanks everyone.  I value your recommendations and will look into them.  We've changed our plans to have surgery sooner, in Minnesota but will still want to winter near Phoenix.  If you have any further suggestions of where or where NOT to spend a few months, please keep them coming.  It helps us a lot.

Thank you again for your responses.

Ellen

Do you know what part of Phoenix you prefer? What ammenities and activities?

We?ve stayed a few miles north of Phoenix on I-25 at Pioneer RV resort.  Very nice, but may be difficult to get into. 

My wife stayed in Goodyear, AZ, just west end of Phoenix, lots of shopping and not a lot of traffic.  It was Cottonlane RV on Van Buren, right by the 303 and 10.  Easy to jump on pr off highway to get wherever you need to be, or avoid the highway and just head into Goodyear.  Te Frys (grocery), has a shaded parking, and shaded by solar, providing most of the power for the store. 

2 years ago the rate was reasonable.  Pool, jacuzzi and really large flat sites.  You can rent a golf cart from local vendors.  Clean laundry.

My cousin and her husband are at Mesa Spirit, we have visited there, but that place is way too close together for me.  Lot of activity though.

Kind of depends on whats 'affordable' and if you need want to pay for activities and amenities. Phoenix has something that will fit about any situation.

We're also at Mesa Spirit. Our site is a ranchita site and is quite large. As others have said, it all depends on where you want to be. From one end of Phoenix to the other is quite large.

Thank you all.  I decided to have surgery at Mayo in Minnesota instead but we will be spending this winter in AZ so your recommendations are very helpful.  Safe travels to you all.

Ellen

Back
Top Bottom