Photo editing software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solarman

Seeking advice on photo editing software, I have these basic requirements:-

1. Ability to change hue/brightness sharpness, etc.. basic features to enhance or correct lighting also resize
crop etc..

2. Ability to save photos in a library possibly with date/location/people attributes that can be later searched.

I'm not interested in cloud and/or subscription services. this software MUST run on a local machine
either Linux or Windows. I have local NAS storage and backup.

Item #2 could be a separate software, probably better if is was..

additionally, I may need to edit video clips too.. any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks

1. Ability to change hue/brightness sharpness, etc.. basic features to enhance or correct lighting also resize
crop etc..

2. Ability to save photos in a library possibly with date/location/people attributes that can be later searched.

I'm not interested in cloud and/or subscription services. this software MUST run on a local machine

additionally, I may need to edit video clips too.. any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks
I use the free IrvanView software for basic editing. IrfanView . It's really image viewing software with some editing capabilities. Some of the things you/I might need to do would require the image to be saved in 'Raw' format to be able to do. I've also used Photoshop elements for more complex editing. I save all my images locally, but have options to save online.

Last edited:
I use the free version of Photoscape X. It has a lot of photo editing options. It was recommended to me by the instructor of a photography class I took.

I use something called FastStone which is free. Good for easy editing. Not sure if you can do videos though.

I use FastStone as well. Pretty robust for a free editor and pretty easy to use.

For real basic video editing you can use the built in "Video" program from Microsoft.

I use a software from Wondershare called Filmora X. It's subscription based but the content resides 100% on my hard drives.

I use The Gimp, a free and open source program that does a LOT of what photoshop does (not quite all) and is actually more than I need, but besides resizing, color adjustments, cropping and such there are a LOT of other capabilities. And it's available for Linux, Windows and Macs. Source code is available too, for those who care.

For a lot of my picture work, I use ACDSee (commercial program), which does limited editing, as well as letting you organize things, even find duplicates, even if names are not the same.

I've been using both of the above for many years, and they suit me well.

If you have Canon camera(s) you can download Canon Digital Photo Pro for free. It has a pretty steep learning curve but is also quite powerful.

I'm in the process of editing pictures from a wedding I shot last weekend, the first one in several years, and finding I've forgotten most of the keyboard shortcuts.

If you have Canon camera(s) you can download Canon Digital Photo Pro for free. It has a pretty steep learning curve but is also quite powerful.
Thanks Russ. I'd forgotten about the Canon software. I must have run into that steep learning curve.

crop etc..

additionally, I may need to edit video clips too with swap face online.. any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks
For basic photo editing on a local machine (Linux or Windows) without a subscription, consider GIMP for editing (hue, brightness, sharpness, resizing, cropping), and digiKam for organizing photos with date/location/people attributes. For video editing, Shotcut is a good free option.

crop etc..

additionally, I may need to edit video clips too with Lightroom mod APK.. any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks
What software does everyone use for the best results and ease of use. for video and pictures for EVO 2 Pro?

crop etc..

Item #2 could be a separate software for face swap, probably better if is was..

thanks
reposting. What software does everyone use for the best results and ease of use. for video and pictures for EVO 2 Pro?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom