PirateLand Family Camping Resort In Myrtle Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevntong

Has anyone ever stayed at PirateLand Family Camping Resort In Myrtle Beach?
I have 3 children under the age of 13 and thought this might be a neat place. It is bigger than any campground I have ever seen.  I am not sure about it.
I want to stay on the beach.
We are looking at Florida or South Carolina. 

We haven't stayed there, but I overheard some people talking about it and they said it was a great place, their kids loved it! We may give it a try, just based on what they were saying. The saleslady at the local RV dealership gave us a flyer and recommended it for us to try, she said it was really cool for the kids.

LuAnn

Try Ocean Lakes. A beautiful campground just next door to pirateland. www.oceanlakes.com

keithb said:
Try Ocean Lakes. A beautiful campground just next door to pirateland. www.oceanlakes.com

I agree....Ocean Lakes!!!!  We stayed at Pirates Land for a few nights and we did not care for it.  At Pirates Land they allow guest to place tents on their sites in addition to their camper/RV. (or at least they use to ....not sure what their current policy is) Some sites are tight enough with an camper/RV on it but when you place tents on the site as well it gets very crowded.  When we stayed there we had tents on three sides of us in addition to the campers/Rv's.  I have nothing against tents (I grew up tent camping) but this made it very tight for camping when tents and Rv's were allowed on the same site.  Teenagers LOVE Pirates Land .....the streets are lined with teenagers cruising in golf carts.  I have a small child and the accommodations at Ocean Lakes better suited our needs.  But I have also ran into people over the years that love Pirates Land....I guess it is all up to the individual.
Best of luck to you!!!
Happy Camping to All !!!!!

We've stayed at Pirate Land 3 separate years, 8+ days each time, during spring break.  Loved it.  Choice of tree'd or sandy "oceanish" lots.  Never had a problem & would go back again.  Lisa

We love Ocean Lakes and have stayed there a number of times.  If you get there before Memorial Day your dog can run free on the beach.  good campground for bicycles, everything is flat.  And they have good prices on golf car rentals as well.  Or you can do lots of healthy walking as it is a HUGE campground with great facilities.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RES1749
Back
Top Bottom