Please help. Favorite addition or must have on RV DIY or otherwise.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GareBear2040

Hey guys!

I'm brand new to this site but wanted to come here to gain a little bit of knowledge. So my parents have had an RV for about 6 years now and enjoy various trips throughout the year. Recently my mother retired and father has been retired. Needless to say they will be taking many more trips in the very near future. The RV is their baby and love it so much that they skip Christmas presents so they can focus on planning their next trip. I was thinking of getting them a Christmas present that they can use on their trips. So I thought I would come here to ask. What is a must have addition or maybe something small you never thought of that makes some things very convenient. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks so much for your time guys!

Regards,
GareBear2040

You haven?t indicated what type of RV is owned by your parents and that can have an influence on what people might find handy/convent/useful that they have room to carry with them. 

GareBear2040 said:
Hey guys!

I'm brand new to this site but wanted to come here to gain a little bit of knowledge. So my parents have had an RV for about 6 years now and enjoy various trips throughout the year. Recently my mother retired and father has been retired. Needless to say they will be taking many more trips in the very near future. The RV is their baby and love it so much that they skip Christmas presents so they can focus on planning their next trip. I was thinking of getting them a Christmas present that they can use on their trips. So I thought I would come here to ask. What is a must have addition or maybe something small you never thought of that makes some things very convenient. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks so much for your time guys!

Regards,
GareBear2040

Welcome aboard and cool you are recognize your parents enjoyment of RV travel and wanting to contribute to it.  A lot depends on what they already have, what needs or wants might be, what style of RV travel they prefer ie RV parks, boondocking or both and your budget.  It sounds like they may have been RV'ing for a while, so assuming they already have the basics requirements ie. sewer hoses, water hose etc.  One item that comes to mind which pretty much anyone can use is a portable rechargeable vacuum.  We have had very good service from a Dyson hand vac which we acquired a few years ago when recreational RV'ing and still use it extensively even though our 5th wheel has a whole unit vacuum system and a small portable shop vac. 

Gene50 said:
You haven?t indicated what type of RV is owned by your parents and that can have an influence on what people might find handy/convent/useful that they have room to carry with them.

Sorry, my apologies, it?s a 2008 Monaco Diplomat. Thanks

Gizmo said:
Welcome aboard and cool you are recognize your parents enjoyment of RV travel and wanting to contribute to it.  A lot depends on what they already have, what needs or wants might be, what style of RV travel they prefer ie RV parks, boondocking or both and your budget.  It sounds like they may have been RV'ing for a while, so assuming they already have the basics requirements ie. sewer hoses, water hose etc.  One item that comes to mind which pretty much anyone can use is a portable rechargeable vacuum.  We have had very good service from a Dyson hand vac which we acquired a few years ago when recreational RV'ing and still use it extensively even though our 5th wheel has a whole unit vacuum system and a small portable shop vac.

Thank you! That is a great idea I will add to the least. RV never leaves site until mom sweeps and mops lol.

SeilerBird said:
One can of WD-40 and a roll of duct tape. That will fix about anything. ;D

Lol I think it?s part of my dads religion to have those 2 items at all times

Do they have one of those propane campfire rings? 

They are rather nice to sit around in the evening when a real wood fire is not possible or desired....

An RV GPS, a good BBQ, we prefer the Weber Q 120, zero gravity chairs, a fold up carpet for under the awning, a good quality heavy duty 50 foot electrical extension cord, are all items that come to mind if they don't have them

Ed

They might enjoy a couple folding bicycles.  You can get decent ones for $250 ea.  Do your homework.  And make sure they have a spot on their RV to store.  But everyone likes a bike to ride the campground (unless they have a dog that needs walked)

Board Games. We like Scrabble and RummiCube.  We keep a tally of who wins, so then they are the "Champion". The Tally starts over after each trip.

DVD and a stack of movies. Whenever we are at a campground that has DVD exchanges, we trade in the ones we watched.

Motor Carriers Road Atlas. We review the suggested route on Google Maps with this Atlas. If a semi-truck is restricted, then we find a different route. We don't like driving on tight and twisty roads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom