please help.. Power out in RV even whwn hooked to electric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bouncerfojo

Hello all .. I'm really hoping you can help me .. I have an 87 fleetwood jamboree I think its  28 feet. It works just fine and recently I parked at a friends house stayed inside two nights came back out and hooked it up to electricity but not only will the engine not turn over now but generator won't turn over the panel showing my levels etc above the fridge is off water pump won't work etc.. the power outlets work the lights work and the ac microwave and fridge work.. so why is the generator and actual engine and water pump not working all at the same time?? I'm very confused I flipped all the breakers I could find in the bathroom but I don't see any others ... please help me lol.. I live in my rv with my 4 year old so its pretty Important

Everything you describe as working is 110 volt stuff and everything you describe as not working is 12 volt.  The first thing that comes to my mind is "did someone (maybe your 4 year old) turn off the battery disconnect switch which is usually near the front steps or maybe on the driver's console?"  Our grandson did that to us once and it drove us crazy until we figured out what the problem was.  If that's not the case, then it is possible that you batteries ran down because for some reason they aren't being charged.  Some built-in 12V converters do have ON/Off switches so it is possible to be connected to AC power and still not be charging your batteries.

docj said:
Everything you describe as working is 110 volt stuff and everything you describe as not working is 12 volt.  The first thing that comes to my mind is "did someone (maybe your 4 year old) turn off the battery disconnect switch which is usually near the front steps or maybe on the driver's console?"  Our grandson did that to us once and it drove us crazy until we figured out what the problem was.  If that's not the case, then it is possible that you batteries ran down because for some reason they aren't being charged.  Some built-in 12V converters do have ON/Off switches so it is possible to be connected to AC power and still not be charging your batteries.

I can't tell you how much it makes me happy that you responded this although my 4 year old has priors I was thinking the battery because I jumped it and it started however the other stuff besides the engine still won't work so I think I drained both I will give them both a charhe and go from there

Check to see if there is some kind of control panel for your charger.  Hopefully, it has simply been turned off.  Otherwise you're going to have to try to understand why it isn't charging your batteries.

You have two 12v systems, one for the engine and chassis functions and another, with its own batteries, for the house (lights, water pump, fridge, etc).  Make sure both are charged and working. Also, 12v power has fuses rather than circuit breakers in most cases, so you may have a fuse gone somewhere.

If the batteries went dead in just two days, I suspect they are in poor condition. How old are they? Have you checked the water in the cells lately? Also, what size, how many, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom