Please Help - Spartan Coolant Leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flduck

Good morning,

We recently bought a 2011 Fleetwood Revolution and have been pretty happy with it but it just started leaking coolant.  Looks like an easy fix, but I need some help naming and tracking down the required part.  When I open the rear engine cover there is a coolant tank with a glass (or plastic) sight glass to check coolant level.  It appears to be leaking from that fitting (see picture).  I need help naming the fitting and if you can point me in the right direction as to where to buy it I'd certainly appreciate the help.  I leave in 10 days to tow a 12000 lb trailer through the mountains and would like to make sure I'm not leaking coolant!

Attachments

• Cummins Coolant Tank.jpg
    Cummins Coolant Tank.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 26
It's not a "Cummins" leak - the cooling system is part of the chassis, not the engine, and is designed and provided by the chassis builder.

Your 2011 American Coach (not Fleetwood) has a Spartan chassis and you can get parts info from Spartan Customer Service.

https://www.spartanchassis.com/cps/about/contact.asp

Spartan also operates a website called rvchassisparts.com that may have the parts you need.

Thanks for your help Gary! This should be helpful.  I've updated the topic name, thanks for the correction.  I call it a Fleetwood because the tag does say "fleetwood" and I'm the same guy that won't call it a coach...it's just a motorhome.  I've been reading quite a bit on here since we bought our MH (this is our first) and you seem extremely knowledgeable and helpful!

Some history...

Back when your coach was built, the Fleetwood division of Allied Specialty Vehicles (ASV) was the manufacturer of both the Fleetwood and American Coach brands.  Each of the two brands had several models and the American Coach models were Revolution, Tradition, Eagle and Heritage.  If I recall correctly, Fleetwood was listed as the manufacturer on the Certificate of Origin, which is what goes into the vehicle title.  Since then, ASV has become REV Group and operates over 20 manufacturing locations and a dozen or so brands of motorhomes and other vehicle types.  In addition to Fleetwood and American Coach, REV brands include Monaco, Renegade, Lance as well as some brands of buses and even fire engines.  I suspect a new vehicle from any of them would show REV as the manufacturer rather than Fleetwood.

Thanks, that's interesting.  We did quite a bit of shopping and had narrowed a list down to Monaco, Newmar, and Tiffin, and were looking for 07-09 models to stay away from DEF....then we fell in love with this thing.  We've had it 6 weeks, used it every weekend and towed with it twice and we love it so far.  I haul a car trailer that's >12000lb so the tag axle and side radiator were a big plus for me

Back
Top Bottom