POLL: Which one of the following annoys you most when staying in an RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one of the following annoys you most when staying in an RV Park

• Campers "cutting across your site" to get to the bathrooms

Votes: 59 30.4%
  • Campers not picking up after their pets

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Internet not working as advertised

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • Paying extra for amentities you don't use

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Sites not as advertised (unlevel, sewer connection too far, etc)

Votes: 30 15.5%

• Total voters
If you stay on the interior roads, you won't be crossing anyone's camp site.  Empty sites are ok for walking across, but don't drive through them.

As long as you are walking on campground roads and designated paths you are OK.

If a site is completely empty walking thru the middle of it is kosher.

Anything else is intruding on someone's space and privacy -- the equivalent of cutting thru someone's backyard.

It really "stinks" to take your dog out for a walk at night and return to find out you stepped in someone else's dog poop, AFTER you walk into your rig.  If you walk thru my site and have to duck to miss hitting the awing, your too close.  Love the kids and really enjoy seeing parents spending time with them.  Everybody should slow down and enjoy what life has to offer.  If you don't like the campfires there are plenty of parks that don't allow them.

In a way, if this is the list of the most common annoyances and the comments amplify on the ones that might be missing... seems like "we" are in pretty good shape.  No one seems to be annoyed much about murder, homicide, robberies, extortion, corruption, vandalism, terrorist attacks, utility outages, costs, global warming, CO2, political attacks from L or R, religious freedom, high taxes, pollution, stink bugs, mosquitoes, hornets, snakes or bigfoot.  That's a relief.

Well, most of those aren't things that annoy me more at a campground than anywhere else. And "mosquitos" wasn't a choice or I might have picked that.

Wendy

Likewise Toashum I am annoyed at whether the universe is expanding or contracting but that wasn't a choice either.  As soon as I figure out an answer I will be able to wear plaids and stripes together.

taoshum said:
In a way, if this is the list of the most common annoyances and the comments amplify on the ones that might be missing... seems like "we" are in pretty good shape.  No one seems to be annoyed much about murder, homicide, robberies, extortion, corruption, vandalism, terrorist attacks, utility outages, costs, global warming, CO2, political attacks from L or R, religious freedom, high taxes, pollution, stink bugs, mosquitoes, hornets, snakes or bigfoot.  That's a relief.

Your list might be a good list to start a thread with a poll also that may be off topic for RVing.....and they're not "annoyances" in RV parks...your list is mainly CRIMES, and they all would be #1 to most people I believe.  ;)

I find it interesting that one person's camping adventure is another's annoyance. Tolerance of others and consideration for others makes most of these irritations go away. I've seen a few weekends ruined by site neighbors arguing.

Gottasmilealot said:
I find it interesting that one person's camping adventure is another's annoyance. Tolerance of others and consideration for others makes most of these irritations go away. I've seen a few weekends ruined by site neighbors arguing.

Well, I guess I can see some examples of that... but stepping in dog poop... having people have to duck under my awning to cut through my site... or having to jump out of the way as someone drives way too fast through the CG should not be considered a "camping adventure". 

I agree with the need to be tolerant and smile a lot but can only carry that sentiment so far.  ;D

Rick

People cutting through the middle of our site drives me crazy.  At Big Sur the guy at the next site over was always in our space all the time - in fact, he couldn't have been any closer to the back window in kitchen area if he were a peeping tom.  I wanted to see the river view but got his head view instead.

I guess that my wife and I must be perhaps more tolerant than some. In over 50 years RVing, I do not recall even one time where we were really disturbed. There have been a few minor events but no more than we experience many times just going to town to go shopping. Perhaps we have just been lucky.

Back
Top Bottom