Pop out fuse issue help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cali_warrior73

Hi so I  just recently acquired our first Rv but we can't get the pop outs to work. After close inspection it looks like when I replaced the three batteries under the entry stairs we must have been care less and broke off the wire to the pop out at the fuse box. However upon even closer review it looks like the previous owners cut the purple wire that's on the left side of the fuse box that calls for a 25 amp fuse to a 15amp fuse and hard wired it right to the fuse Bax. Does anyone know why they would do that? Now I need to figure how to fix this so they work. Everything else works just fine. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.  I can provide pics but just got to figure out how. The RV is a 2005 Georgetown Xl 359 with triple pop outs, only13k miles, Triton V10, 35 footer

The Georgetown XL 359 is a Class A motorhome, not a pop-up trailer, so I've moved this topic to the proper section.
I can't imagine why anybody would disable the slide-outs, since the interior is likely to be almost unusable without deploying them.
The slide controller/motor is typically wired more-or-less direct to the batteries with its own dedicated fuse, often 25A-30A in size.  If you've identified the right wires, I guess the quickest way to learn what's up is to connect it and try the slide-out switch. Have extra fuses on hand!

Back
Top Bottom