Portable Camp kitchens, What'cha Using?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlatwaterMG

Now that we have stepped into a Class C Outlook, I am looking for a portable camp kitchen setup.  I am the Chief cook/bottle washer in our boat.  My wife and I both like to cook outside Have looked at REI and their three shelf unit, also Coleman.  Camping World also has a model, but it looks fragile.  I'm looking for any suggestions.  One thing I know is I don't want to build my own, done that and have always made them to heavy and bulky. What are you using?

I found this on eBay.  Looks simple and effective, but perhaps is not quite what you are looking for if you also want a spot for a camp stove.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380206345496&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WXI7&GUID=83bdaafd1280a0b587226bd2ffe2438b&itemid=380206345496&ff4=263602_263622

This model from Cabela's looks good!  I may be in the market for one of those myself.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=null-cat20112_TGP&id=0019854518749a&navCount=0&podId=0019854&parentId=cat20112&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=9IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Dogpile&cm_pla=&cm_ite=netcon&rid=2146251080&hasJS=true

Thanks for the suggestion of the model from Cabela's. Looks to be more than what we need, but I'm sure we won't outgrow it.  Guess I had better make my way over to their store in south Fort Worth to take a look.
thanks again for the suggestion.

Where would you carry this?  42x26x14 is a pretty big box!  I use a couple fold up tables and a Cherokee stove.  The stove has remocable legs, bought it at Sams many years ago.  This and the typical picnic table give me all I need. 

+1 for PancakeBill's set up. 

I have a Coleman with half grill/griddle and a side burner.  I have done everything from pan seared tuna, to filet mignon, to eggs and bacon...other than the inevitable mess that comes with grease drippings on all camp-stoves, it's been great.  I use a bi-fold plastic table with metal legs for the platform and a 12 x 18" divided Tupperware container for all my "tools" on one half and spices/sprays/oils on the other half. 

I can be up and running in less than a minute.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190396039630 This type of stove is great, and with a side table for prep and storage you are good to go.  Those big kitchens take a lot of room and what do they really give you?

PancakeBill said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190396039630 
Those big kitchens take a lot of room and what do they really give you?

Nothing, just more toys for the big boys. Gotta have them.
J

Last year when we headed west we pulled our utility trailer with a ton of stuff.  (probably literally) this year we left the trailer behind and pulled our car.  More practical.  BUT, we keep looking for items in the trailer!  One very helpful item for the traler was it being a pantry for our extended stay.  We carried a rubbermaid storage closet, pretty handy for canned goods etc.  But that big portable kitchen?  look at it, mostly just shelves and sink that drains on the ground. 

Thanks all of you for responding.  The wife and I looked at several and have bought the camp kitchen from our local REI store.  Knock down size is 19" by 32". Easy fit in one of our driver side cargo bays, has its own carry bag.  What I like is two prep tables with a taller table in the middle to set the Century stove we have.  Also, I like that the table tops are all metal, no warping from rain and will handle a hot pot set on the top.  Thanks again for giving me your suggestions.......Keep On Cook'n.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HillcountryHusker
Back
Top Bottom