Possible solution: 3/4 ton diesel and 5th wheel toyhauler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I think its more a matter of design of the trailer you are pulling and/or ignorance of the details than personal opinion and preference.  I was very happy with my Dodge shortbed until I damaged it twice.  In fact I was so happy with it that I bought a Dodge Longbed to replace it.  Bottom line is you can't test drive these things with a tow so we buy them, mount the hitch and then find out their quirks and deficiencies.  If your neighbors are pulling shorter trailers with smaller front noses or different shaped noses with Dodge shortbeds they probably won't have a problem.  If they are pulling a Dutchmen Victory Lane 35SRV they will probably eventually hit the cab.  The proof is in the tape measure.

Highest regards
Denny

Last Dodge  guy pulled out just awhile just a short while ago.  I didn't really pay any attention to what kind of 5th wheel they were pulling.  The guy I had talked to had a large one.  Would have paid more attention Had I known about your problem.  Your right which trailer and such could make a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom