Post a joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Presence-of-mind.

During my summer after high school graduation I got a job as a construction helper. About half way through the summer I had a serious on the job accident. As I was laying in the hospital bed recovering from the accident, the company insurance agent charged into the room and in a loud voice asked,

"What is all this trash you put on this accident report. You put down as the cause of the accident, 'Trying to do the job by myself and losing my presence of mind. Now just what is that supposed to mean?'"

Well, as you know, I'm just a construction helper, I stated.

"On the day of the accident I was working with my boss doing final clean up on this 6 story building that the bricklayers had finally completed. We got all the way to the roof and found a pile of bricks had been left up there. My boss told me he had to go back to the office and for me to get the bricks off the roof and finish the cleanup.

He left and I was alone on the roof of this new 6 story building. When I completed all the rest of the cleanup on the roof, I figured I had about 500 pounds of bricks left to move.

Rather than carry them down by hand, I decided to lower them down in a barrel, using a pulley, which fortunately was attached to the building at the 6th floor. I tied some rope, I got from my truck, to the barrel, threaded it through the pulley and dropped it to the ground.

Securing the rope to the bumper of my old work truck, I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out, and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went to the ground floor, untied the rope from the bumper, holding it tightly to ensure a slow decent of the 500 pounds of bricks. Now you will note in block number 3 of the Accident Reporting Form, that I weigh 195 pounds.

Imagine my surprise at being jerked off the ground suddenly, that's when I first lost my presence-of-mind. I forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a high rate of speed up the side of the building. In the vicinity of the 3rd floor, I met the barrel coming down--this explains the fractured skull, broken collar bone and abrasions down my side...

Slowed, only so slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were 2 knuckles deep into the pulley. Which explains my broken fingers and skinned knuckles. Fortunately, by this time I had regained my presence-of-mind, and was able to hold tightly to the rope in spite of my increasing pain.

At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom broke out of the barrel. Devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel now weighed approximately 50 pounds. I refer you again to my weight in block number 3, and as you might imagine--I began a rapid decent down the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the 3rd floor, yes, I met the barrel coming up, this accounts for the 2 fractured ankles, and the lacerations on my legs and lower body...

The encounter with the barrel slowed me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell onto the pile of bricks, and fortunately, only 3 vertebrae were cracked...

I am sorry to say, however, that as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to stand, and watching the empty barrel swing 6 stories above me, I again lost my presence-of-mind, and let go of the rope. The empty barrel weighed more than the rope--so it came down on me and broke both my legs..."

Once the agent finished laughing and wiping the tears from his eyes, he signed off on the paperwork and the company paid in full.

Hope some folks get a smile.

There are many variations on that story,, One was set to music (Why Patty isn't coming to work today,,, or close to that) and all are good... Ah the ups and down of bricklaying.

John From Detroit said:
There are many variations on that story,, One was set to music (Why Patty isn't coming to work today,,, or close to that) and all are good... Ah the ups and down of bricklaying.

And Mythbusters recreated it on their show.

SeilerBird said:
The Quotes of Steven Wright:
1 - I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
2 - Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.
3 - Half the people you know are below average.
4 - 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5 - 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
6 - A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
7 - A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
8 - If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.
9 - All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand.
10 - The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
11 - I almost had a psychic girlfriend, ..... But she left me before we met.
12 - OK, so what's the speed of dark?
13 - How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
14 - If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
15 - Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
16 - When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
17 - Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
18 - Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now.
19 - I intend to live forever ... So far, so good.
20 - If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
21 - Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
22 - What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
23 - My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
24 - Why do psychics have to ask you for your name
25 - If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
26 - A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
27 - Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
28 - The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.
29 - To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
30 - The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
31 - The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
32 - The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.
33 - Everyone has a photographic memory; some just don't have film.
34 - If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
35 - If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work?
I like these, 16 is my favorite. ;D

Couple cruising down the highway in their MH get in a heated discussion and afterwards go for miles in silence.  The husband sees a group of donkeys in the distance and as they get near , he points them out to his wife and ask " some of your relatives?".  She turns to him, smiles, touches is arm gently and replies " yes dear.................................... by marriage."

Bill Dane
99 Country Coach Allure

Speaking of donkeys...

Once upon a time there was a king who wanted to go fishing. He called the royal weather forecaster and inquired as to the weather forecast for the next few hours. The weatherman assured him that there was no chance of rain in the coming days.

So the king went fishing with his wife, the queen. On the way he met a farmer on his donkey. Upon seeing the king the farmer said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace at once because in just a short time I expect a huge amount of rain to fall in this area".

The king was polite and considerate, he replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an extensively educated and experienced professional. And besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him and I will continue on my way."

So he continued on his way.

However, a short time later a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them in such a shameful condition. Furious, the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the professional. Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious and high paying role of royal forecaster. The farmer said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."

So the king hired the donkey.

And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most influential positions.

And the practice continues to this day...

Thank you Tom.. Laugh wise today has been a good day,,,, Up to the point where I read this.. it is now a FANTASTIC day.... That is the best laugh I've had in a long, long time.

In fact: I'm going to swipe it.. Thanks.

Sean is the vicar of a Protestant parish in western Newfoundland, and
Patrick is the priest at the Roman Catholic Church across the road.

One day they are seen together, erecting a sign which says:

"THE END IS NEAR.
    TURN YOURSELF AROUND NOW
            BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE."

As a car speeds past them, the driver leans out his window and yells,

"Leave people alone, you religious nutters. We don't need your lectures."

From around the next curve they hear screeching tires and a big splash.

Shaking his head, Father Patrick says "Dat's da terd one dis mornin'."

"Yaa," Sean agrees, then adds, "Do ya tink maybe da sign should just say

?BRIDGE CLOSED"?

Always a good joke.. And I'd not change one word of that sign.

Always wanted a Hi-Lo in my trailer days.

True story: My mother was going to work one day, Dense fog,, Suddenly the tail lights of the car in front of her did somethign odd. just as they approached a small bridge.

No signs
No barricades
No flashing lights
NO BRIDGE

Six Little Wisdoms

Once all villagers during a drought decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer all the people gathered, but only one boy came with an umbrella.

That's FAITH

When you throw a baby in the air, she laughs because she knows you will catch her.

That's TRUST

Every night we go to bed, without any assurance of being alive the next morning but still we set the alarm to wake up.

That's HOPE

We plan big things for the New Year in spite of zero knowledge of the future.

That's CONFIDENCE

We see the world suffering, but still we get married and have children.

That's LOVE

On an old man's shirt was written a sentence 'I am not really 80 years old ... I am sweet 16 with 64 years' experience.

That's ATTITUDE

Have a Happy Day. Live your life like the Six Wisdoms!

Are you old geezers getting a little forgetful?

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke

for when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
Say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.

At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, 'who the hell was that?

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

The 60th High School Reunion
                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was a widower and she a widow. They had known each other for a number of years, having been high school classmates and having attended class reunions in the past, without fail.

This 60th anniversary of their class, the widower and the widow made a foursome with two other singles. They had a wonderful evening, their spirits high, with the widower throwing admiring glances across the table . . . and the widow smiling coyly back at him.

Finally during one dance, he picked up courage to ask her, "Will you marry me? After about 6 seconds of careful consideration, she answered, "Yes.... yes I will!"

Needless to say, the evening ended on a happy note for the widower. However, the next morning he was troubled. Did she say ˛Yesˇ or did she say˛ No?ˇ He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. He went over-and-over the conversation of the previous evening, but his mind was blank. He remembered asking the question, but for the life of him could not recall her response.

With fear and trepidation, he picked up the phone and called her. First, he explained that he couldn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the past evening. As he gained a little more courage, he then inquired of her, "When I asked if you would marry me, did you say .˘Yes˙ or did you say ˘No?

"Why you silly man,ˇ she replied, I said ˘Yes. Yes I will! And I meant it with all my heart!" The widower was delighted. He felt his heart skip a beat.

Then she continued. "And I'm so glad you called, because I couldn't remember who asked me!ˇ

To keep this string on the "Old Folks" theme (and I are one.)

Jacob, age 92, and Rebecca, age 89, living in Miami ,
are all excited about their decision to get married.
They go for a stroll to discuss the wedding,
and on the way they pass a drugstore..
Jacob suggests they go in.
Jacob addresses the man behind the counter:
"Are you the owner?"
The pharmacist answers, "Yes."
Jacob: "We're about to get married. Do you sell heart medication?"
Pharmacist: "Of course, we do."
Jacob: "How about medicine for circulation?"
Pharmacist: "All kinds."
Jacob: "Medicine for rheumatism?"
Pharmacist: "Definitely."
Jacob: "How about suppositories?"
Pharmacist: "You bet!"
Jacob: "Medicine for memory problems, arthritis and Alzheimer's?"
Pharmacist: "Yes, a large variety. The works."
Jacob: "What about vitamins, sleeping pills, Geritol, antidotes for Parkinson's disease?"
Pharmacist: "Absolutely."
Jacob: "Everything for heartburn and indigestion?"
Pharmacist: "We sure do."
Jacob: "You sell wheelchairs and walkers and canes?"
Pharmacist: "All speeds and sizes."
Jacob: "Adult diapers?"
Pharmacist: "Sure."
Jacob: "We'd like to use this store as our Bridal Registry."

Two Irish nuns have just arrived in USA by boat,
and one says to the other, "I hear that the people
in this country actually eat dogs."

"Odd," her companion replies, "but if we shall live
in America, we might as well do as the Americans do."
As they sit, they hear a push cart vendor yelling,
"Hot Dogs, get your dogs here," and they both walk
towards the hot dog cart.

"Two dogs, please!," says one. The vendor is very pleased
to oblige, wraps both hot dogs in foil and hands them over.
Excited, the nuns hurry to a bench and begin to
unwrap their 'dogs.'The mother superior is first to open hers.

She begins to blush, and then staring at it for a moment,
leans to the other Nun and in a soft brogue whispers......

"What part did you get?"

So this is a conversation between a man and a woman. Please note that she asks 6 questions which he answered quite simply while she is speechless after being asked only 2 questions

Critical Thinking At Its Best!
Woman:
Do you drink beer?
Man:
Yes
Woman:
How many beers a day?
Man:
Usually about 3
Woman:
How much do you pay per beer
Man:
$5.00 which includes a tip(This is where it gets scary !)
Woman:
And how long have you been drinking?
Man:
About 20 years, I suppose
Woman:
So a beer costs $5.00 and you have 3 beers a day which puts your spending each month at $450.00. In one year, it would be approximately $5400.00 correct?
Man:
Correct
Woman:
If in 1 year you spend $5400.00, not accounting for inflation, the past 20 years puts your spending at $108,000.00 correct?
Man:
Correct
Woman:
Do you know that if you didn't drink so much beer, that money could have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 20 years, you could have now bought a Ferrari
Man:
Do you drink beer?
Woman:
No.
Man:
Where's your Ferrari?

A blonde phoned police to report that thieves had been in her car.
"They've stolen the dashboard, steering wheel, brake pedal, even the accelerator" she cried out.
However before the police investigation could start, the phone rang a second time and the same
voice came over the line. "Never mind I got in the back seat by mistake!"

Garden Snakes Can Be Dangerous...

Snakes also known as Garter Snakes (Thamnophissirtalis) can be dangerous. Yes, grass snakes, not rattlesnakes. Here?s why.

A couple in Swee****er, Texas, had a lot of potted plants. During a recent cold spell, the wife was bringing a lot of them indoors to protect them from a possible freeze.

It turned out that a little green garden grass snake was hidden in one of the plants. When it had warmed up, it slithered out and the wife saw it go under the sofa.

She let out a very loud scream.

The husband (who was taking a shower) ran out into the living room naked to see what the problem was. She told him there was a snake under the sofa.

He got down on the floor on his hands and knees to look for it. About that time the family dog came and cold-nosed him on the behind. He thought the snake had bitten him, so he screamed and fell over on the floor.

His wife thought he had had a heart attack, so she covered him up, told him to lie still and called an ambulance.

The attendants rushed in, would not listen to his protests, loaded him on the stretcher, and started carrying him out.

About that time, the snake came out from under the sofa and the Emergency Medical Technician saw it and dropped his end of the stretcher. That?s when the man broke his leg and why he is still in the hospital.

The wife still had the problem of the snake in the house, so she called on a neighbor who volunteered to capture the snake. He armed himself with a rolled-up newspaper and began poking under the couch ... Soon he decided it was gone and told the woman, who sat down on the sofa in relief.

But while relaxing, her hand dangled in between the cushions, where she felt the snake wriggling around. She screamed and fainted, the snake rushed back under the sofa.

The neighbor man, seeing her lying there passed out, tried to use CPR to revive her.

The neighbor?s wife, who had just returned from shopping at the grocery store, saw her husband?s mouth on the woman?s mouth and slammed her husband in the back of the head with a bag of canned goods, knocking him out and cutting his scalp to a point where it needed stitches.

The noise woke the woman from her dead faint and she saw her neighbor lying on the floor with his wife bending over him, so she assumed that the snake had bitten him. She went to the kitchen and got a small bottle of whiskey, and began pouring it down the man?s throat.

By now, the police had arrived.

Breathe here...

They saw the unconscious man, smelled the whiskey, and assumed that a drunken fight had occurred. They were about to arrest them all, when the women tried to explain how it all happened over a little garden snake!

The police called an ambulance, which took away the neighbor and his sobbing wife.

Now, the little snake again crawled out from under the sofa and one of the policemen drew his gun and fired at it. He missed the snake and hit the leg of the end table. The table fell over, the lamp on it shattered and, as the bulb broke, it started a fire in the drapes.

The other policeman tried to beat out the flames, and fell through the window into the yard on top of the family dog who, startled, jumped out and raced into the street, where an oncoming car swerved to avoid it and smashed into the parked police car.

Meanwhile, neighbors saw the burning drapes and called in the fire department. The firemen had started raising the fire ladder when they were halfway down the street. The rising ladder tore out the overhead wires, put out the power, and disconnected the telephones in a ten-square city block area (but they did get the house fire out).

Time passed! Both men were discharged from the hospital, the house was repaired, the dog came home, the police acquired a new car and all was right with their world.

A while later they were watching TV and the weatherman announced a cold snap for that night. The wife asked her husband if he thought they should bring in their plants for the night.

And that?s when he shot her.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom