Post a joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good list.. as for the last line.. That's been studied, and studied and they actually have an answer

Blame the door (It is called Door Effect).

Of course one other thing about getting Older.. You can now stay up as long as you want.. Even as late as 8PM.

The rain was pouring down, and there, standing in front of a big puddle in front of the pub, was an old guy - drenched - holding a stick with a piece of string dangling in the water.

A passer-by stopped and said "what are you doing?"

"Fishing" replied the old guy.

Feeling sorry for him, the gent says "Come in out of the rain and have a drink with me."

As they're sipping their whiskey, the gentleman couldn't resist asking "so how many have you caught so far?"

The old guy said "You're the 8th.

This is an actual account as relayed to paramedics at a chili cook-off in New Mexico...

New Mexico Chili Cook-off If you can read this whole story without laughing, then there?s no hope for you. I had tears in my eyes by the end.

For those of you who have lived in New Mexico, you know how true this is. They actually have a Chili Cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It takes up a major portion of a parking lot at the Santa Fe Plaza. Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chile taster named Frank, who was from Springfield, Illinois.

Frank: ?Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off ... The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge?s table, asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native New Mexicans ) that the chili wouldn?t be all that spicy; and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted and became Judge #3.

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CHILI # 1 - MIKE?S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.
Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
Judge # 3 (Frank) -- Holy crap, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that?s the worst one. These New Mexicans are crazy.

CHILI # 2 - EL RANCHO?S AFTERBURNER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.
Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I?m not sure what I?m supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI # 3 - ALFREDO?S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili Great kick.
Judge # 2 -- A bit salty, good use of peppers.
Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I?ve located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. The Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I?m getting drunk from all of the beer.

CHILI # 4 - BUBBA?S BLACK MAGIC

Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beer maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. I love Sally! Is this nuclear waste I?m eating!

CHILI # 5 - LISA?S LEGAL LIP REMOVER

Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Jalapeno peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the jalapeno peppers make a strong statement.
Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted, and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I?m burning my lips off. It really ticks me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw them.

CHILI # 6 - VARGA?S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY

Judge # 1 -- Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.
Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, garlic. Superb.
Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I crapped on myself when I farted, and I?m worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. Can?t feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

CHILI # 7 - SUSAN?S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
Judge # 2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. ****I should take note that I am worried about Judge #3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.
Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn?t feel a thing. I?ve lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they?ll know what killed me. I?ve decided to stop breathing. It?s too painful. Screw it; I?m not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I?ll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI # 8 - BIG TOM?S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI

Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.
Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he?s going to make it. Poor fella, wonder how he?d have reacted to really hot chili?
Judge # 3 -- No report!

Ah an oldie but a goodie.. I once entered a chili cookoff.. Won 2nd prize (It was too hot for local tasters) but frankly.. I believe the above story :)

Just posted in Shade Tree how NOT to steal a police car... It's not a joke so I could not post it here but.. Well the linked article is .......... I'm still laughing.

Another Oldie  but since it is the season.  It is a good reminder....

?Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble the football? - John Heisman ?I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.? Bear Bryant / Alabama

?It isn?t necessary to see a good tackle, you can hear it!? - Knute Rockne Notre Dame

?At Georgia Southern, we don?t cheat. That costs money, and we don?t have any.? Erik Russell / Georgia Southern

?The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.? Lou Holtz / Arkansas - Notre Dame

?When you win, nothing hurts.? Joe Namath / Alabama

?A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.? Frank Leahy / Notre Dame

?There?s nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.? Woody Hayes / Ohio State

?I don?t expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation.? Bob Devaney / Nebraska

?In Alabama, an atheist is someone who doesn?t believe in Bear Bryant.? Wally Butts / Georgia

?I never graduated from Iowa. But I was only there for two terms - Truman?s and Eisenhower?s.? Alex Karras / Iowa

?My advice to defensive players is to take the shortest route to the ball, and arrive in a bad humor.? Bowden Wyatt / Tennessee

?I could have been a Rhodes Scholar except for my grades.? Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State

?Always remember Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.? Shug Jordan / Auburn

?I asked Darrell Royal, the coach of the Texas Longhorns, why he didn?t recruit me.? He said, ?Well, Walt, we took a look at you, and you weren?t any good.? Walt Garrison / Oklahoma State

?Son, you?ve got a good engine, but your hands aren?t on the steering wheel.? Bobby Bowden / Florida State

?Football is NOT a contact sport, it is a collision sport. Dancing IS a contact sport.? Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State

After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his post-game message to his team was, ?All those who need showers, take them.? John McKay / USC

?If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education.? Murray Warmath / Minnesota

?The only qualifications for a lineman are to be big and dumb. To be a back, you only have to be dumb.? Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

?We live one day at a time and scratch where it itches.? Darrell Royal / Texas

?We didn?t tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking.? John McKay / USC

?I?ve found that prayers work best when you have big players.? Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

Ohio State ?s Urban Meyer on one of his players: ?He doesn?t know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn?t know the meaning of a lot of words.?

Why do Tennessee fans wear orange? So they can dress that way for the game on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and pick up trash on Monday. What does the average Alabama player get on his SATs? Drool. How many Michigan State freshmen football players does it take to change a light bulb? None. That?s a sophomore course. Two Texas A&M football players were walking in the woods. One of them said, ?Look, a dead bird.? The other looked up in the sky and said,? Where?? What do you say to a Florida State University football player dressed in a three-piece suit? ?Will the defendant please rise.?

If three OSU football players are in the same car, who is driving? The police officer. How can you tell if a Clemson football player has a girlfriend? There?s tobacco juice on both sides of the pickup truck.

What do you get when you put 32 Georgia cheerleaders in one room? A full set of teeth. University of Michigan Coach Jim Harbaugh is only going to dress half of his players for the game this week; the other half will have to dress themselves. How is the Kansas football team like an opossum? They play dead at home and get killed on the road. Why did the Tennessee linebacker steal a police car? He saw ?911? on the side and thought it was a Porsche. How do you get a former Illinois football player off your porch? Pay him for the pizza.

The Back Nine

I first started reading this email & was reading fast until I reached the third sentence. I stopped and started over reading slower and thinking about every word. This email is very thought provoking. Makes you stop and think. Read slowly! and then it is winter!

You know ... time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years. It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams.

But, here it is ... the back nine of my life and it catches me by surprise ... How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go?

I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that I was only on the first hole and the back nine was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.

But, here it is ... my friends are retired and getting gray ... they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me ... but, I see the great change ... Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant ... but, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we?d become.

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat anymore ... it?s mandatory! Cause if I don?t on my own free will ... I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so ... now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!! But, at least I know, that though I?m on the back nine, and I?m not sure how long it will last ... this I know, that when it?s over on this earth ... it?s over. A new adventure will begin! Yes, I have regrets.There are things I wish I hadn?t done ... things I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I?m happy to have done. It?s all in a lifetime.

So, if you?re not on the back nine yet ... let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don?t put things off too long!! Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether you?re on the back nine or not!

You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life ... so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember ... and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!!

?Life? is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after. Make it a fantastic one.LIVE IT WELL! ENJOY TODAY! DO SOMETHING FUN! BE HAPPY! HAVE A GREAT DAY Remember ?It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. LIVE HAPPY IN 2016!

LASTLY, CONSIDER THIS:

~Your kids are becoming you ... but your grandchildren are perfect!

~Going out is good ... Coming home is better!

~You forget names ... But it?s OK because some people forgot they even knew you!!!

~The things you used to care to do, you aren?t as interested in anymore, but you really do care that you aren?t as interested.

~You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV ?ON? than in bed. It?s called ?pre-sleep?.

~You miss the days when everything worked with just an ?ON? and ?OFF? switch...

~You tend to use more 4 letter words... ?what??...?when??... ???

~You notice everything they sell in stores is ?sleeveless??!!!

~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.

~Everybody whispers.

~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet... 2 of which you will never wear.

~~~But Old is good in some things: Old Songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!!

Stay well, ?OLD FRIEND!? Send this on to other ?Old Friends!? and let them laugh in AGREEMENT!!! It?s Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived.

today is the oldest you?ve ever been; yet the youngest you?ll ever be, so enjoy this day while it lasts all the best in life to you. 8) 8) 8)

I have been watching Laverne and Shirley reruns on Hulu lately and yesterday I saw the episode with the funniest line I have ever heard on TV.

Lenny and Squiggy come into Laverne and Shirley's apartment and ask to borrow a set of sheets. They have some ladies coming over to visit them. Shirley has to ask what is wrong with their sheets. "They are hard" says Squiggy.

SeilerBird said:
Lenny and Squiggy come into Laverne and Shirley's apartment and ask to borrow a set of sheets. They have some ladies coming over to visit them. Shirley has to ask what is wrong with their sheets. "They are hard" says Squiggy.
I really don't want to think about that ::)

I don't watch that one but it is on one of the Tier 2 Stations I got (Too much joy if I recorded all I'd like to watch I'd run out of hard drive, and that's just OVER THE AIR, I'm having issues keeping up.. So I guess you know I don't need SAT TV.

Between Comet, ME-TV, Antenna TV, Cozi, and a few others.. Way too much good television.

I see a few good lines from time to time.

Was just watching a re-run of Jack Benny (Special Guests The Letterman) They did a college class skit with Dennis as the professor.. he tells the class "Tomorrow we are going to talk about the making of the Atomic Bomb" and he writes some thing on the black board (2hey) and says over here we have the Hydrogen part.. Then he writes somethign on the other side, And over here we have the nuclear part (not sure what he wrote) then he slides the two Black Boards together and.....  BOOM.

I kept thinking "They are goinna need another Timmy" (yes I know, different show) and sure enough. they did.  Just usually it's not the professor who gets blown up on that other show (Dinosaurs in case you don't remember it).

A man was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner.

The man took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, ?If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner??

?No, I had to stop drinking years ago,? the homeless man replied.

?Will you spend this on green fees at a golf course instead of food?? the man asked.

?Are you NUTS!? replied the homeless man. ?I haven?t played golf in 20 years!?

?Well,? said the man, ?I?m not going to give you money. Instead, I?m going to take you home for a hot shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife.?

The homeless man was astounded. ?Won?t your wife be furious with you for doing that?

The man replied, ?That?s okay. It?s important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking and golf.? 8) ;D

Here's one for us Old Geezers:

An old geezer, who had been a retired farmer for a long time, became very bored and decided to open a medical clinic. He put a sign up outside that said: Dr. Geezer?s clinic. ?Get your treatment for $500, if not cured get back $1,000.?

Doctor ?Young,? who was positive that this old geezer didn?t know anything about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get an easy $1,000.

So he went to Dr. Geezer?s clinic

This is what happened.

Dr. Young: ?Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth. Can you please help me??

Dr. Geezer: ?Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young?s mouth.?

Dr. Young:  ?Aagh! This is gasoline!?

Dr. Geezer: ?Congratulations! You?ve got your taste back. That will be $500.?

Dr. Young gets annoyed and leaves in a haste. He?s angry now, and spends the next few days trying to figure out a way to recover his money. He returns to Dr. Geezer?s office once he thinks of a clever plan?

Dr. Young: ?I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything.?

Dr. Geezer: ?Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient?s mouth.?

Dr. Young: ?Oh no you don?t. That is Gasoline!?

Dr. Geezer: ?Congratulations! You?ve got your memory back. That will be $500.?

Dr. Young, after having lost $1000 total, leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young: ?My eyesight has become weak. I can hardly see!?

Dr. Geezer: ?Well, I don?t have any medicine for that so? Here?s your $1000 back.?

Dr. Young: ?But this is only $500??

Dr. Geezer: ?Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500.?

Moral of story ? Just because you?re ?Young? doesn?t mean that you can outsmart an old ?Geezer ?

A shameless steal from todays episode of Cartalk on NPR.

A fellow in his older years decides to stop off at a Bar and have a few.  In walks a rather beautiful woman about his age and sits at the barstool aside his. He wonders a bit about how to open up the conversation and thinks about pickup lines he once used. He finally turns and asks " Excuse me, but do I come here often?"

I was born in Dec 1945,  these good people raised me and my brothers....

It is date related and my not make sense to the younger crowd but seniors can relate! Children of the Greatest Generation? [ an interesting read ] Born in the 1930s and 40s, we exist as a very special age cohort. We are the Silent Generation. We are the smallest number of children born since the early 1900s. We are the ?last ones.?

We are the last generation, climbing out of the depression, who can remember the winds of war and the impact of a world at war which rattled the structure of our daily lives for years.

We are the last to remember ration books for everything from gas to sugar to shoes to meat from the butcher. We saved tin foil and poured fat into tin cans to be used to make ammunition. We hand mixed white stuff with yellow stuff to make fake butter. We stood in line at the grocery store when it was learned a tub of real butter had just arrived, and as kids holding a place in line to await a mother in trail, we learned after being pushed aside by an adult stranger who was also in line, to push ourselves back in line. We saw cars up on blocks because tires weren?t available. We can remember milk being delivered to our house early in the morning and placed in the milk box on the porch.

We are the last to hear Roosevelt?s radio assurances and to see gold stars in the front windows of our grieving neighbors. We can also remember the parades on August 15, 1945, VJ Day. We saw the ?boys? home from the war build their Cape Cod style houses, pouring the cellar, tar papering it over and living there until they could afford the time and money to build it out.

We are the last generation who spent childhood without television. Instead we imagined what we heard on the radio. As we all like to brag, with no TV, we spent our childhood ?playing outside until the street lights came on.?

We did play outside and we did play on our own. There was no Little League. Ball games were ?pick-up? and played on vacant lots sharing baseball mitts because only the few had them. No kid had a two-wheeler bike until about 1946 when ?Victory Bikes? were sold (no chrome, flimsy frame, very thin wheels). There was no city playground for kids. To play in the water, we turned the fire hydrants on and ran through the spray.

The lack of television in our early years meant, for most of us, that we had little real understanding of what the world was like. Our Saturday afternoons, if at the movies, gave us newsreels of the war and the Holocaust sandwiched in between westerns and cartoons.

Telephones were one to a house, often shared and hung on the wall. Computers were called calculators and were hand cranked. Typewriters were driven by pounding fingers, throwing the carriage, and changing the ribbon. The Internet and Google were words that didn?t exist. Newspapers and magazines were written for adults. We are the last group who had to find out for ourselves.

As we grew up, the country was exploding with growth. The G.I. Bill gave returning veterans the means to get an education and spurred colleges to grow. VA loans fanned a housing boom. Pent-up demand coupled with new installment payment plans put factories to work.

New highways would bring jobs and mobility. The veterans joined civic clubs and became active in politics. In the late 40s and early 50s the country seemed to lie in the embrace of brisk but quiet order as it gave birth to its new middle class (which became known as Baby Boomers).

The radio network expanded from 3 stations (NBC, ABC, CBS) to thousands of stations. The telephone started to become a common method of communications and ?Faxes? sent hard copy around the world. A neighborhood television set was a rare phenomenon (circular B&W 10? screen). Most families could not afford such a luxury, so as kids, we?d head to the closest TV appliance store, which always had a TV in the sidewalk display window, where we would watch Milton Berle and his Texaco Comedy Hour and, sometimes, even a major league ball game from New York City.

Our parents were suddenly free from the confines of the depression and the war and they threw themselves into exploring opportunities they had never imagined.

We weren?t neglected but we weren?t today?s all-consuming family focus. They were glad we played by ourselves ?until the street lights came on.?? They were busy discovering the post war world.

Most of us had no life plan, but with the unexpected virtue of ignorance and an economic rising tide we simply stepped into the world and started to find out what the world was about.

We entered a world of overflowing plenty and opportunity, a world where we were welcomed. Based on our na?ve belief that there was more where this came from, we shaped life as we went.

We enjoyed a luxury. We felt secure in our future. Of course, just as today, not all Americans shared in this experience. Depression poverty was deep rooted. Polio was still a crippler. The Korean War was a dark presage in the early 50s, and by mid-decade, school children were ducking under desks. Russia built the Iron Curtain and China became Red China. Eisenhower sent the first ?advisors? to Vietnam, and years later, Johnson invented a war there. Castro set up camp in Cuba and Khrushchev came to power.

We are the last generation to experience an interlude when there were no existential threats to our homeland. We came of age in the 40s and early 50s. The war was over and the Cold War, terrorism, civil rights, technological upheaval, global warming, and perpetual economic insecurity had yet to haunt life with insistent unease.

Only our generation can remember both a time of apocalyptic war and a time when our world was secure and full of bright promise and plenty. We have lived through both. We grew up at the best possible time, a time when the world was getting better, not worse.

We are the Silent Generation, ?the last ones.? The last of us was born in 1945, more than 99.9% of us are either retired or dead, and all of us believe we grew up in the best of times!

Things you Need to Know!!!

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.

A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

A ?jiffy? is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

Al Capone?s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.

Almonds are a member of the peach family.

An ostrich?s eye is bigger than its brain.

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don?t appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, Dogs only have about 10.

?Dreamt? is the only English word that ends in the letters ?mt.?

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If the population of China walked past you, in single file the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

It?s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

?Stewardesses? is the longest word typed with only the left hand;

?lollipop? with your right.

The average person?s left hand does 56% of the typing.

The Bible does not say there were three wise men; it only says there were three gifts.

The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

The sentence: ?The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog? uses every letter of the alphabet.

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.

The words ?racecar, ? ?kayak? and ?level? are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

There are only four words in the English language which end in ?dous?: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: ?abstemious? and ?facetious.?

There?s no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

Winston Churchill was born in a ladies? room during a dance.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.

Now you know everything

Tom, did you check any of this out or did you cut and paste? :) Babies are not born without knee caps, their knee caps are cartilage and will develop over the first two or three years.

Pardon me, it was all just suppose to be humorous. ;D ;D 

There is always some one who just has to pick the fly poop out of the pepper...  :-[ :-[

There is often humor in wrong statements...plus the thrill of the search...i.e. the Canadian 2 dollar bill...my piece of fly poop picking done :)

This was one of my favorite boss's favorite sayings, but he reversed it.  When people were quibbling over something unimportant, he would say "it's like picking pepper out of fly poop".

Tom and Margi said:
This was one of my favorite boss's favorite sayings, but he reversed it.  When people were quibbling over something unimportant, he would say "it's like picking pepper out of fly poop".

I like your Boss's version better I will use it hence forth. 8) 8)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom