power ceiling vent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toolman0114

We have a 2006 Puma RKSS which has a front bedroom. I am wondering if the roof vent has a 12 volt wire hidden in the ceiling. I would like to put in a either a vent with a fan, or use the wire (if there is one) to install a 36 inch ceiling fan.
So, would there be a 12 volt wire in the ceiling at the bedroom roof vent? if not, how would I run one to there?

I kind of doubt there is but the for sure way to find out is contact the manufacture and see if they could give you more information on wiring layout.

I replaced my roof vent in the bathroom with a vent fan and just tied into the power feeding the light fixture in the bathroom.  If there is a nearby light fixture in your bedroom you should be able to tie into the power feeding that.  I was able to remove the interior trim piece from the previous vent.  That gave me access to the ceiling cavity to search for nearby power wires.  Luckily the power wires for the light ran within about four inches of the vent opening.  With a little slack in the wires I could pull it close enough to cut and tie into them.

You'll want to make sure you can get a solid mount for the ceiling fan if you go that way.  You may need to add bracing to provide adequate support.

Back
Top Bottom