power to water pump wont turn off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b mann

i have a 94 southwind chevy chassis.  Pump turns off when it reaches pressure not a problem there. but if you turn the power off at any of the three places available to do so it does nothing still 12 volts at pump. i took out all switches and disconnected them to no avail. The wire diagram shows a water pump control switch under fridge i found a small blue box inside a steel vented box all the wires to it are color coded the same. just wondering if anyone has run into this and am i on the right tract to what the problem is. and something tells me this is hard to find for these may not be a common thing. thanks

You may have to go to the pump and trace the wiring back through the motorhome and figure out what is going on. Shouldn't be that hard to do. Good Luck.

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.

worked great for 2 years i owned it.  Just happened past month baught a new pump old one was leaking. but have to find out what the deal is so i dont burn up new one.  wires go into places cant follow them so i will make long leads for multi meter so i can see what is what.  With rocker switches not plain on or off there has to be a controller somewhere the light on control panel goes out when to try to turn it off but dones not stop power supply to pump.  as all my stuff if it aint broke it aint mine. i will figure it out or over ride it and put in plain on off switches if that blue box is it and is faulty.

Here's an old thread that may be of some help.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=53167.0

Here's another-

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=82288.0

Motor home water pumps use a device called a Monoplex water pump controller to control the pump.  It supports multiple ON/OFF switches.  See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15918372/Monoplex%20Controler.pdf

The controller switches the ground side connection to activate the pump.  It is normal for the 12V to be present at the pump at all times.  The ground is controlled by the monoplex.

The controller can be located just about anywhere in the coach that the builder considered central.  Luckily, mine is located within two feet of the pump.

It sounds to me that everything is working as it should.  Have I misunderstood your symptoms?

Just Lou said:
The controller switches the ground side connection to activate the pump.  It is normal for the 12V to be present at the pump at all times.  The ground is controlled by the monoplex.
It sounds to me that everything is working as it should.  Have I misunderstood your symptoms?

Lou, it sounds to me like the OP is saying exactly that. They always have 12 volt DC at the pump when all the switches are off.
They said : "but if you turn the power off at any of the three places available to do so it does nothing still 12 volts at pump".

well i will check the ground and see if i can find out why its not interrupted when i want it off..    I use ground activation on my drag bikes for all the controllers for nitrous to auto shift so im up on how it should work i will look into it. thanks for the help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharod
Back
Top Bottom