powered recling bed lippert control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keocera

I have an adventurer 37f with the power operated bed that allows you to raise the head end for reading or watching tv.  It must be fully raised in order to retract the slide.  There is a lippert control module at the foot of the bed enclosed with the fuse center.  The bed will only raise a few inches and then the motor stops.  The lippert control modules has led lights flashing which did not flash prior to this problem raising or lowering the bed.  Any thoughts on how to remedy this problem will be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Have you tried contacting Lippert?? I know nothing about this  system but it seems to suggest with the flashing lights that the system is struggling to raise the bed, perhaps something has jammed up underneath.

Lippert contacted, has no idea whats wrong.  The left side gear(cog) that runs on the track to raise and lower the bed has a broken/missing tooth on the gear causing it to bind which then throws a default code and stops the mechanism, figured this out with no help from lippert of course.

More Lippert high quality junk made in China. And Lippert doesn't know what is wrong???

ABOBE250 said:
More Lippert high quality junk made in China. And Lippert doesn't know what is wrong???
Chinese manufacturers will build whatever their client wants - if you want junk, they will happily oblige.  Want a high quality product - they can produce that also.

John, I agree with you completely. Apparently Lippert is requesting this quality and Winnebago is reaping the "benefits" and headaches  along with their customers.  All Lippert equipment is of rather poor quality. Maybe with a new CEO, President in the near future Winnebago will realize this fact.

John,
Yes I do, We have a 2015 Sunova 30A with Lippert supplied jacks which don't operate properly in the retracted position plus all hydraulic fittings rusted, Kwikee steps that are full of rust after only 8 months, need to be blasted and repainted and new tread material attached, sliding dinette window that takes 2 people to open, one vertical opening window that will take your finger off if not careful, doesn't latch properly too much slop in glass. And please don't suggest we take the coach 1400 miles to Forest City to have repairs made, that's a long trip to have to wait 2-3 months. All these items are supplied by Lippert (LCI.

I REALLY hate to say this, but everything Lippert, on our coach, is working as designed after 5000 miles. There have been a few minor issues, but none related to LCI.

ABOBE250 said:
.....We have a 2015 Sunova 30A with Lippert supplied jacks which don't operate properly in the retracted position plus all hydraulic fittings rusted, Kwikee steps that are full of rust after only 8 months, need to be blasted and repainted and new tread material attached, sliding dinette window that takes 2 people to open....
So you are generalizing based on your experience with your unit, a sample size of one.

Tried to just "lurk" here but couldn't hold out. Our 2014 Adventurer 38Q has two Lippert/Schwintek slides, Kwikee steps, Power Gear slide (now owned by Lippert), Bed Tilt mechanism (almost same mechanism as the Schwintek slides). All of these parts have failed within 18 months of purchase. Lippert's customer service is wonderful as is WBGO's. I guess they have to be. None of the components failed on first use except the Power Gear.  The dealer employee who conducted the walk through said that the noise the slide made was normal and that the puddle of water from a leaky shower valve was due to recent rains. Not sure how QC at Forest City would have caught the rest of the issues.

John,
I think if you read your own Forum as well as other Forums concerning Winnebago issues you will find that I am not alone nor a sampling of one when it comes to LCI issues. Knock wood we don't slide issues YET. I feel we have the right to express our thoughts and concerns on this and any other forum, and being a "sampling of one" is just what a forum is for.
Thanks for your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom