Preparing to buy 2005/06 VECTRA 36RD - looking for owner/expert for advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
really more important than dust cover  :), I choose to get one these tire pressure monitor:
PressurePro 16 Wheel TPMS Monitor advantagepressurepro.comindex.asp?PageTypeId=3#PressurePro16WheelTPMSMonitor
recommended by Chris (Thanks).
The 16, not the 10, because I need trailer monitoring too.

About the trailer type and model, I am looking for advices. My choice for now is a twin axle, flat alu bed.
In order to balance/center the load on trailer (to get the most of the hitch, and security), I reject these hitch balancing system, rocking the trailer in order to shift the gravity center toward the midline, I prefer to invest in a portable wheel station, like this:
Wheel Load Scale WL 101 www.haenni-scales.com/en/products/wheel-load-scale-wl-101.html

About 12V/24V portable air compressor, a reliable model to recommend?

John Canfield said:
You won't need one, the Vectra has air brakes and an engine attached air compressor with a tap for airing up tires.
Great! By the way, I did not find detailed  info about Evolution chassis. Adjustable air bag suspension height per axle?

Edit: I found that Evolution chassis is equipped with NeWay front & rear air suspension.

Artcele said:
Great! By the way, I did not find detailed  info about Evolution chassis. Adjustable air bag suspension height per axle?

Edit: I found that Evolution chassis is equipped with NeWay front & rear air suspension.

This Built on Freightliner info might be useful:

2004 Winnebago Vectra
2005 Itasca Horizon  (for some reason the FCCC site is missing the 2005 Vectra info, but it should be the same as the Horizon)
2006 Winnebago Vectra

The 36RD (introduced in 2005) has the ZF Independent Front Suspension and NeWay rear suspension.

The 2005 36RD has a 10,400 lb front GAWR (limited by the XRV 255/80R 22.5, LRG OEM tires).  The 2006 and beyond 36RD has a 12,000 lb front GAWR because they moved up to XZE 275/80R 22.5 LRG tires (without any other suspension changes).

cbeierl said:
The 36RD (introduced in 2005) has the ZF Independent Front Suspension and NeWay rear suspension.
Neway AS 120 rear suspension and ZF front air suspension pictures.

Attachments

• Neway-AS120.JPG
    Neway-AS120.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ZFind-FrontSusp.JPG
    ZFind-FrontSusp.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 11
I only go to the forum intermittently and just noticed your post concerning your interest in the 36RD. I have owned my 2005 Horizon 36RD for going on 3 years. My initial motivation in buying it related to height and length requirements of my garage but I have come to feel that Winnebago put a lot of luxury features into that motorhome that you will not find today in a comparable new motorhome in that length. Of course I am biased because I have spent hundreds of hours upgrading and improving and thus have a lot of sweat equity invested. The Vectra and Horizon are essentially the same motorhome with the Horizon receiving some very minor upgrades over the Vectra. Both motorhomes are relatively rare as most buyers in that era seemed to have opted for the 40 ft versions. I have a friend who on my advice bought a 2005 Horizon 36RD two years ago and I know for a fact that he has parked it in his garage and never used it. I am in SW Florida and would enjoy helping you. I just don't know how to get my contact information to you without publishing it online.

Brucekane said:
... I just don't know how to get my contact information to you without publishing it online.
Send him a private message - click on the little box under his avatar. We looked at the 36' when shopping and it was very appealing but we decided to go for the longer model for not much more money. And yes, you don't see them very often.

Hello Bruce & John,
Thank you very much!

I sent you a private message with my contact information.
Next time you log in rvforum, you should get a popup window saying you got a new message.
Or you can go to the forum homepage: www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php and find "My Messages" in the top line.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom