Professional roof recoating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rrogers44

I am looking at a 2001 31' Gulfstream.  It has had a few very small tears in the roof that the owner has patched with Eternabond Roof Seal Tape.  The only area that shows any evidence inside is around the antenna.  These are just stains in the roof on the carpet.  No bulging or anything like that.

So my question is, has anyone paid a garage or other vendor to apply a product like Liquid Roof?  I'd feel much better if the whole roof was coated.  Also, an idea of this cost would help for negotiating.  I may in the end do it myself, but it would be nice to know the pro cost.

Thanks,

Rich

I don't think you can beat Eternabond. Everyone here who uses it swears by it.

Thanks Tom.  I have used it on mine too.  However, I am interested in the cost of a pro to do the entire roof.

Contact Minnesota RV Roofing http://www.rvroofing.com/ and see if they have a local supplier.  You can also check on do it yourself costs.

Thanks,

Rich

I can't see any reason to re-coat if the existing roof only has tears. That comes from physical damage, typically tree limbs, not deterioration.

If you really want to re-coat, why not do it yourself? There is no rocket science to the procedure and you are going to pay somebody a lot of labor $$ to maybe do a sloppy job. Brushing or rolling the coating on is easy enough - the work is in removing a/c covers, fridge vents covers, etc. to coat up close to them, and masking off any place you don't want coated. A good guy will do all that, but you are paying him all the time he is doing basic labor. A cheap guy will just paint around obstacles and do what he can do easily. And maybe charge the same price anyway.

Hi Gary,

I understand and would likely do it myself.  I wanted a quote for the bargaining portion of the deal.

thanks,

Rich

Rapid Roof III material cost should be around $500 to do the job.  If you have seams termination stips, or penetrations to seal 4" Eternabond tape is around $1 per foot.

Pike227 said:
Rapid Roof III material cost should be around $500 to do the job.  If you have seams termination stips, or penetrations to seal 4" Eternabond tape is around $1 per foot.

Thanks Pike

Back
Top Bottom