Propane safety question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bum4evr said:
the propane stove for warmth.
When I use the stove for heat I only use one burner and turn it down very low, you cant even hear it hiss its down so low.
My question is, why do they say its dangerous to use the stove for heat
Any advice or comments are appreciated.
Sean G
Sean
Death from "carbon monoxide poisoning" and/or "the depletion of oxygen" is why.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREaVB3uoScj0aaEwAspOc-Cr4L0e6zY_4tQ1SLs76W1ZQYDgt8Mg

Oh I had a boss once who lived in a Trailer. when power failed he used ther stove for heat.. He got lucky and recovered but another hour before his alarm woke him and his alarm would have NEVER woken him up.. EVER.. 

Ok so disconnecting the 12 volt is a bad idea, got it. And Since someone asked, I don't have running water for a dumb reason, the house I live next to does not have a hose long enough to reach the RV to fill the tank. But I have a key to the house so I can go in there for bathroom, laundry, washing dishes etc.. so life is not so bad.. until it rains... Ya know how some old RVs have a crank you turn on the ceiling that extends an antenna on the roof? You guessed it.. drip, drip, drip from where the crank is. I have a can of Henry roof sealer a friend gave me but no ladder to get up there but thats a minor thing I guess. I will try and get that done before the next rain.

I never use the stove for cooking because I live right next to a 99 cent store and they have lots of microwaveable stuff to cook. I will try and use the stove for heat as little as possible. I hope the LPG test thingie is reading right and the propane tank is actually 2/3 full, it looks like it holds about 15 gallons.

bum4evr said:
Ya know how some old RVs have a crank you turn on the ceiling that extends an antenna on the roof? You guessed it.. drip, drip, drip from where the crank is. I have a can of Henry roof sealer a friend gave me but no ladder to get up there but thats a minor thing I guess. I will try and get that done before the next rain. .

The center shaft has a seal on it and it's very easy to replace. Yes you do have to get on the roof. Also when you're up there, you need to check all the heads of the screws holding the antenna to the roof. If you see any signs of the caulking cracking or see signs of rust bleeding through the caulk, that's the sign of a water leak. You need to recaulk. At the same time, you should check all the seams far failing caulk. That should be done annually

Back
Top Bottom