Propane side of the freezer/refer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

500C

My refrigerator works fine on 110volts .....on the propane side........... it lights and runs fine for 40 seconds .... then 'click' it shuts off.... everytime .......... just like clock work

the 'click' sound  seems to be connected with the problem............  any help on what to look for? 

I have to stand outside, with the service cover off the back of the unit, in order to hear the 'click'........  I can see the blue flame just doing fine for forty seconds, then clicko  ......... gone ................I go back inside and light it again ..................bingo ..........it starts right up and forty seconds later............

Thanks Ron,..... I'll check it .... I found a parts list and operation manual.  It has some info on parts, locations and inspections to be performed this should help..........

It was the thermocoupler part #43............... works fine now ............been working for 5 hours
thanks

Thank you for posting both the problem and the solution!  My fridge just started doing exactly what yours was doing. Healthy blue flame, but the ignitor doesn't seem to realize it and keeps trying to light, hence the clicking noise.  After 45 seconds, it quits and the fridge gives the "F" error message meaning it won't light.  When clearly, it's lit.

Did you purchase a new thermocoupler?  Was it hard to install? 

We're boondocked (pulled in there with a tractor), so can't get to an "authorized repairman".

Thanks,
Bev

Back
Top Bottom