Propane tank for Home use in TT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saddletramp1200

3 feet off the ground & 6 feet behind the hood
Merry Xmas Framily! I got a 250 gallon propane tank for Xmas. I been reading this and that so I came home to here 8) I have read the regulator for the 7.5 gallon tanks will not handle the huge propane tank. I need to know as not to blow me off the map ;) One of the Pro's here will know. Some propane company's will sell you anything you want. With that in mind I figure if it went boom I would land somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico :-[ Any ideas? I know I need copper tubing. Thanks, Mark

I don't see why it will not work as the pressure will be essentially, if you are using the same appliances it should be mine IMHO.

The only difference may be the connection to the tank, which would mean fitting a different pigtail onto the regulator.  RV portable tanks changed over to the Acme or QCC connector several years ago.  A large fixed tank may only accept the older POL style connector.

THANKS so much for the help :) Old age is sneaking up on me. Those 7.5 gallon tanks were not near as heavy 20 years ago! My mind thinks I'm 20. My back knows better. I am going to start at Home Depot and go from there. Plumbing supply company maybe ace hardware. Propane is 3.00 a gallon right now. @ 80% it's around 660.00 to fill it. Only thing that uses propane is the heater. I doubt I will have to fill it over two more times in my lifetime. Going to get some silver paint sand the rust off and get er' done.

Talk to you propane supplier, they may have all the fittings and hose you will need. Plus they can check the tank and reguplator for leaks.

The standard 100 pound "Home" Propane bottle uses a POL (Prest-O-Lite) connector, same as the older RV's do.  In case you wonder

If you have an RV hose with an ACME end... Most RV places have adapters for little cost.

SLJKansas said:
Talk to you propane supplier, they may have all the fittings and hose you will need. Plus they can check the tank and reguplator for leaks.
Since the tank is empty, most propane suppliers will require a leak test before they fill it (state law in some states).  They should also be able to provide the appropriate regulator for a reasonable price at the same time.  I recommend you paint your tank and call your local propane supplier for the rest of the job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom