Prostate cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At most colleges today,  a degree is included with the purchase of a scholarship.    ;D

sightseers said:
At most colleges today,  a degree is included with the purchase of a scholarship.    ;D

I finished my Bachelor?s when I was 50 and Masters at 52. I sent photos along with $50 to several of the coaches at UF. Never heard anything back. They kept my money too. The government had to pay my tuition.  8)

8Muddypaws said:
I have 24 treatments left.  The first 11 took 13 days because my bladder and other ?stuff? were not cooperating.  Disappointed, so far they won?t let me at the programming of the LINAC.

They make notes in black marker on my skin every day.  On my last day of treatment I?m going to plaster my midsection with post-it notes just before I go in.  Should be fun.
bladder and other ?stuff? were not cooperating. I know I was required to show up with a "FULL" bladder. I usually had 2 cups of coffee and slammed 2 bottles of water on the trip about 20 miles.
The good days were when you went in the back and the technician is out in the hall waving you back to the treatment room. "Come on back, we are ready for you." The not so good days were when they were running behind and there were 2-3 people ahead of you in the waiting room. It brought new meaning to the term wait.
I like the post-it notes idea. I have 3 tattoos now that they used to line up the lazer beams for location.
Hope things go well and you can celebrate with a trip after you are done.
Bill 

That?s kind of how my Friday appointment went.  They were running ahead of schedule and got me out of there before my actual appointment was scheduled to start. 

Full bladder/empty bowel.  It sounds so simple.  It?s not. :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's stories like this...... is why I think I'll just put up with the pain until it's too late.  :)(

sightseers said:
It's stories like this...... is why I think I'll just put up with the pain until it's too late.  :)(
I am CANCER FREE and you would be DEAD. But it is your choice. ::)
My PSA score Tuesday was 0.1. :))
Bill

Minor inconvenience vs being dead.  Hmmmmmm.  Not a difficult decision at all.

I?ve got music to write, photos to take, dogs to cuddle, spicy foods to enjoy, shoes to wear out, places to see and people to annoy.  (This is a small sample of a rather lengthy list)

Oldgator73 said:
It would be worth it for me just so I could annoy Gizmo100.  ;D

Annoy me?  ???...You don't annoy me.... :D But if you start I'm already prepared. ;D ;D ;D

https://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Gator-Cookbook-Brookhart-Stevens/dp/0820008117

Gizmo100 said:
Annoy me?  ???...You don't annoy me.... :D But if you start I'm already prepared. ;D ;D ;D

https://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Gator-Cookbook-Brookhart-Stevens/dp/0820008117
You have waaaaay too much time on your hands! ???

If any of you guys are A Vietnam vet PC is A known agent orange contributor.Get in touch with the VA for it's considered A disability. Get whats coming to you.
Been dealing with it for over 20 yrs Had surgery came back had radiation came back been on hormone shots for 10 + years now it's coming back again so now nothing left to do.
Floyd

Today is my last radiation treatment!  I?m too tired to celebrate.  I thought they were exaggerating about how it would sap my energy.  WRONG!

I don?t know what I?m going to do with the time I?m getting back after today.  90-120 minutes a day!  I know, I?ll take a nap!

As I said to my oncologist - I won?t know for sure this worked until something else kills me.  There seems to be plenty of contenders in that particular arena.  ;D

Saw my urologist today and found that my PSA went down in the last 6 months. He said my problem was nothing to worry about yet. I didn't even get a DRE. He inferred that all of my other health problems would get me before the prostate problem would. Need to see him in another 6 months.

Take a well deserved rest Muddy. Hopefully the treatment has done it's job and you can get back to normal living soon.

Judway good news... long may it continue.

:)

Back
Top Bottom