Prowler 26T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tvengineer

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a 1996 Prowler 26T.  My question is, where on the camper can I find any information concerning specs or model information about this unit?  I am trying to figure out some basic things and I cannot find a sticker inside or out that supplies any info like actual length, weight or accessories at all.  Trying to figure out my towing ability with this camper and my 99 Ford Expedition.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I know that this does not answer your question but wanted to let you know that I owned an 07 Prowler TT 240 and was very impressed with their quality. I always compared other trailers to Prowler and Jayco's quality as the standard.

Hi tvengineer and welcome to RV Forum.

The trailer GVWR and axle GAWRs are supposed to be on a sticker near the front left side of the exterior. That's a federal reg, but sometimes they have peeled off or been painted over. For overall length, just take a tape measure with you and DIY.

There may have been a sticker in a cabinet somewhere with some base information, but that wasn't required in 1996 and so may not be there.

Not sure what you are looking for in terms of information. Accessories? Whatever is there is what is. Does it make a difference if it was an option or not? Even NADA book prices are "as typically equipped" rather than base model pricing. By the way, the NADA RV book entry for the 26T lists these items as included in the price:

1996 PRICES INCLUDE AIR CONDITIONER, STABILIZER JACKS, WATER HEATER, MICROWAVE, STEREO, LPG LEAK DETECTOR AND ROOF RACK W/LADDER.

See www.nadaguides.com and click Recreational Vehicles, then find Prowler and 1996.

The sticker on my 96 Prowler 5W was on the front left side. There were no interior stickers then. Problem is the stickers either get brittle and crack or fade entirely from the sun after a few years. Heck, my 2004 Alpenlite's sticker is practically unreadable now. Can't even make out the VIN.

You could call the Fleetwood factory with the VIN and they may be able to look up the info for you. Other than that, as far as weights, as Gary said you'll just have to weigh the unit and make sure the axles/tires are not overloaded.

Thanks for the welcome and the replies.  Nothing on the side of the camper so I suppose the sticker has peeled off.  I should not have said accessories I guess, I really meant replacement parts like the fenders, exterior compartment doors and things like that.  I'm sure most any prowler dealer can get those so I will call one and get some prices.

Fleetwood has gone out of the trailer business and I'm not sure who, if anybody, picked up the Prowler line. In any case, unique parts for a 1996 are unlikely to be available. RV manufacturers do not stock parts for years like the auto industry.  Your best parts sources will be RV parts and salvage yards. There is an extensive list of them under the RESOURCE button on the menu bar near the top of the page.

Thanks for all the replies.  I am having second thoughts about buying this camper.  I have found some water damage on the roof.  The rubber membrane has had a puncture and water has gotten down into the roof and ceiling.  The roof has a very soft spot about 18 inches square and the ceiling inside under that has some wrinkles, but no apparant soft spots.  Walls and floor are solid.  The interior is in very good condition but that roof really concerns me. I got one estimate of $75 a foot to replace the membrane and does not include any other wood work.  I measured the camper and from front corner to rear corner it is 24 feet so I am already approaching $2K for the roof.  The seller is asking $2K for the camper as is. 
Advice???

You can patch the roof & membrane if the damage is localized, but I share your concern about water damage. Hard to tell how far it may have spread. On the other hand, $2000 is pretty cheap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom