purchasing new class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soozcna

We've been camping for 30+ years. Recently sold our class C 1998 Coachmen. Looking to get a Class A FR3 but quite expensive and hard to find a good used one reasonably priced. We are both in our mid 60's and are hesitant to invest a lot of money into an RV at our age. Worry about our ability to care for it and how much longer we will be able to use it. My hubby has some health issues but able to get around now. Some family members think we are crazy to make a purchase this large and be in debt for this at our age.  We feel we want to spend the next chapter of our life traveling the country and enjoying our life. Our adult children and grands love to camp so it is a family thing. Need some opinions on what others our age have experienced and if you regret buying. Thanks so much! Susan

My advise is to quit looking for a particular model and just go shopping used RVs until you find one you love. RV are made in very small quantities making it very difficult to find a particular RV model that is in very good shape, is priced right and is located close by.

Someday you will die either way.
However, the good answer varies on what state you live in, how good of an after traveling plan you have and how the rig  is titled and what assets you have otherwise.
How will it affect the survivor if they alone have to make a payment for 6-12 months when the rig cannot be resold?

I have a friend 92 years old just bought a new diesel pusher to replace his 12 year old rig he figures he has at least 5-6 years left to travel

We're in our mid 70s (76 and 77), and bought a new diesel class A three years ago, still going strong. I've known several folks in their 80s (and a LOT more in their mid/late 70s) who are still going strong, so mid 60s, in and of itself, should not be an issue.

So as darsben says, your personal factors (health, finance, etc.) should be the "dictators." Also, Seilerbird has very good advice about looking at what's available, rather than focusing on one particular model. You might even find something you like better.

Mid sixties? TeenieBoppers!! Go for it. Do what feels right/good.
Can?t tell you my wife?s age, but I?m a week older and was alive before Pearl Harbor.
We went the other way last year. Class A to class B. Not because of any health or age issues, but because of many things that have changed. Grandchildren all grown, large pets have passed, many friends,relatives, travel partners have passed, we were packing stuff around the country we never used anymore, and ect.
Still having a blast.

Thank you for your advise, you are all very kind and I will keep in mind the advise given! Will keep you updated once we have made our purchase. So excited and nervous at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom