Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Ned,

It was expected but just not so soon. It never seems like your ready for some things even when you know their coming.

Jerry

Jerry,

We send our sincere condolences also. I went through the same scenario with my Mother last year. Knowing it's coming doesn't alleviate the pain.

Tom & Chris

jerryarlyne said:
my Dad passed away this morning, He was 91 and had been going down hill quickly for the last three weeks.

Jerry ,

Cyber Hugs to you.  Losing a parent leaves a big hole in your heart and I hope that void  is soon filled  with fond memories of the good times.

Betty

jerryarlyne said:
Hi Bob,
Sorry I missed you Saturday, it would have been great to see you again but maybe next time. I had hoped to get back on Sunday but my Dad passed away this morning, He was 91 and had been going down hill quickly for the last three weeks. But at least he passed quietly in his sleep. I have been using a lot of minutes on the cell phone today and just won't make it back there this year.

Take care my friend and maybe see you in Lancaster if you get that way.

Jerry

So sorry to read that your dad passed away. My condolences, Jerry. That line from Kenny's, The Gambler -- in that the best we can hope for and so forth has had special meaning to me and my family this past year. My younger brother's wife (she was only 58) was diagnosed with 3 brain tumors last summer, had treatment to no avail, spent the past month in Hospice -- and passed only a few nights ago. Even with heavy morphine it was a horrible way to go. So am especially grateful that your dad passed peacefully.

They told me you had been here when I returned from helping out a the show -- and was disappointed that I missed you. Yes, I will look forward to spending some time with you in Lancaster - tho I don't get through as often now. My high school friend in Lancaster, Bob Rambo, that you met that day when we had lunch, also passed away last year.

Look forward to seeing you down the road, Jerry -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

Thank you for the thoughts Bob,

I know we all lose someone we love sometime, it's just always a shock when it happens.

We will just have to get together the next time.

Jerry

Thank you Ron,

Sorry I missed you and Shirley on Saturday, we will try to stay longer next year.

Say hi to Shirley for us,

Jerry & Arlyne

As we pulled out today Sue and I were really regretting appointments tommorrow. Plenty of holding tank capacity and lots of friends still there to visit with. ???

What a great week! All year long we have said "We are going back to QZ" and it really was coming back to framily and the atmosphere only QZ and the desert provides.

Thanks to Bob and all who helped make it great.

Until next year; see you all at Moab! ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
As we pulled out today Sue and I were really regretting appointments tommorrow. Plenty of holding tank capacity and lots of friends still there to visit with. ???

What a great week! All year long we have said "We are going back to QZ" and it really was coming back to framily and the atmosphere only QZ and the desert provides.

Thanks to Bob and all who helped make it great.

Until next year; see you all at Moab! ;D

Thank you for the thoughts, Jeff. I was great to see you and Sue again. Hopefully I can meet up with more framily this year vs. waiting until QZ next year. Perhaps Moab for me again. You did miss out this evening on a great campfire at my place -- actually, the biggest fires we have had so far. Amazing how much fun you can have trying to burn all your wood before the last rig leaves. :) :)

NOTES

Goodbyes were in order this AM as many attendees got back on the road. However, it was evident from the sincerity of those goodbyes that many new folk have liked what they found at the RV Forum rally at QZ -- and are planning to return next January. I especially appreciated those that came by my rig early to make sure they could wish me well before their departure.

The happy hour was at my place -- and as I mention above to Jeff, it was a good one with a huge fire in my fire ring. A few more will leave in the AM, then more on Tuesday AM, including myself.

Some post rally pictures I took today are attached -- and one of the only real sunset we had during the rally, on the night of our potluck.

Attachments

• HappyHourAtBobsSmall.jpg
    HappyHourAtBobsSmall.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 56
  • BobsFireRing.jpg
    BobsFireRing.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 49
  • PotLuckSunset.jpg
    PotLuckSunset.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 51
Hi Bob,

I sure miss those sunsets, though we have nice ones here, and the framily. Next year is still up in the air but we hope to get back out there soon. That is a nice sunset photo.

Jerry,
Our condolences on the passing of you father. We know the pain. Remember the good times, it will soften the grief.

Helaine

To all the rally "Framily", and great big THANKS for all the great hospitality we received.  Rene and I are still talking about the fun time we had.  Those pictures are 'great', and we will view them often in anticipation of next year.  Thanks again to a group of neat folks! ;)

Rockcreek73 said:
To all the rally "Framily", and great big THANKS for all the great hospitality we received.  Rene and I are still talking about the fun time we had.  Those pictures are 'great', and we will view them often in anticipation of next year.  Thanks again to a group of neat folks! ;)

And the Forum Framily  thanks you for jumping in to participate.  What good sports to "Volunteer" for the skit and like you, I am still giggling in the night about our production.  May your Stetson hat be decorated by 5 Bolo ties in the near future!.  Keep in touch,

Betty

Hello to our RV Forum Friends:

Just a note to let the 2007 QZ attendees know how much we appreciated their hospitality and friendliness duirng our Monday tdhru Friday stay.  And a special note of thanks to our good friends Marlene & Bernie Dobrin for their special hospitality.  We hope to be able to join y'all again next year.

DuWayne "Dewey" & Joann Kloos
Golden Valley, MM &
Silveridge RV Resort, Mesa, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom