Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowell said:
Does anyone have GPS numbers for the center of the forum gathering in Quartzsite?? For us first timers, it might keep us going in the right direction.

Yes, Lowell, they are posted in the DIRECTIONS link on my web page, here as follows:

The GPS coordinates are N33.38.054 and W114.13.591

I will attest to the only full hook up in the whole area was reserved for Smoky  I saw the hookup so I parked next to him hoping for a little sneaky set up for myself  But no way  Smoky kept it all for him self and wouldn't share a bit.  Thousands of acrces  100s of thousands Rvers and No help from Smlky  Broke my heart.  LOL

In addition to Jerry and Bob's excellent directions, click here and scroll down to the link for a Street Atlas draw layer file which will overlay on the Street Atlas GPS software and walk you into the rally site. The file was provided courtesy of forum member George Mullen. If you're unsure of how to use Draw Layer files, there's also a llnk to an explanation at the bottom of that page.

If you think you'll arrive after dark, make arrangements ahead of time to call one of the attendees on their cell phone when you get to the ranger station. Someone will drive out to lead you in.

2005 was our first time at Quartzsite and I echo what's been said by others about it being a great experience. If you click the Photos button above, you'll see some photos from that rally. Reminds me I should upload photos from the 2006 rally to the photo gallery (they were previously posted in forum messages here, but aren't in one place).

rsalhus said:
I think I'll pass on that 50 amp power pedestal though as my MH is only a 30 amper.

Rolf, Bernie has a 20A pedestal that he'll rent out. Check out the photo here.

If Smoky is willing to pass on the 50A pedestal this year and someone needs it, here's a photo. (Ron will have to change the name).

Rolf, you'll have to ask Bernie. OTOH if you buy a PressurePro tire monitoring system from him, I suspect he won't charge for use of the pedestal.

I should have known there was a catch in there somewhere.? ?:'(

BTW Tom, I don't remember seeing your name on the sign-up list.? Won't you be bringing "Old Milktop"? to QZ?

chrpennings said:
Hi Bob,

Please add us to the Q-Z list.

Chris & Mimi Pennings, CA

Hello again, Chris & Mimi:

Glad to read here that you will be returning again to QZ. Have just uploaded your names. It appears the turn-out is going to be very good again for the RV Forum. Every aspect of QZ just keeps on growing. :) Will you be in NCal until January?

Hi Rolf,

Currently our plans have us going in a different direction at that time.

Shayne!  I do too share!  Ron will attest that I gave it up for that newly wed couple.  :D

Wish me well this morning Shayne.  Men's league tees off at 8 am.  My team won first place last week!  Of course I am receiving the usual complaints of "handicap management".  ;D

Tom said:
Hi Rolf,

Currently our plans have us going in a different direction at that time.

Tom:

Tell Chris we haven't found any dirt or duststorms in Florida so far.  ;D ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
Tell Chris we haven't found any dirt or duststorms in Florida so far.

Glad to hear it Jeff since two of our planned stops are in FL. We'll miss seeing everyone, but I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Shayne

Beg to differ, I've had my "fuller" hookup at QZ longer than Ron. While it is only 20amp, it does include phone and cable connections as well ;D ;D

Rolf

No catch. I always give my customers superlative service.  ;D ;D

Sorry  I should have said  50AMP  At leaast that's what I was thinking  I think

Tom, too bad you won't be able to get to QZ in January.? I was going to volunteer to help you clean and polish the "Old Milktop".? So far, the Gel Gloss I put on my front roof cap has stopped the white streaking on ours (we got some rain so it passed it's first test).? ?But I'm not making any recommendations just yet.

Also, thanks for posting the link for the 2006 QZ pictures, I hadn't seen those yet.? After seeing some of the nice?motorhomes, I'm thinking I better try and spiff ours up a bit!? ?:eek:

LOL Rolf, don't bother to spiff it up before going to QZ. One of our friends did that and folks told him he should have waited until he left.

Glad you enjoyed the photos. As you see, folks have a great time socializing &/or just relaxing.

I look forward to further results of your Gel Gloss test.

BernieD said:
Shayne

Beg to differ, I've had my "fuller" hookup at QZ longer than Ron. While it is only 20amp, it does include phone and cable connections as well ;D ;D

Rolf

No catch. I always give my customers superlative service.? ;D ;D

Bernie of course my 50 amp full hookups have water, sewer, 50 amp electric, phone, cable TV, as well as wireless internet. :D

Hi Bob,

We will be in Almaden till January 7. Send me a p.Email and we may get together anytime.
Chris.

Ron said:
Bernie of course my 50 amp full hookups have water, sewer, 50 amp electric, phone, cable TV, as well as wireless internet. :D

Sorry Ron, forgot that you upgraded your hookups ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom