Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our forum members asked me via private message about the persistent rumor that WalMart was coming to Blythe.  I thought some of you who are planning to come to the area might be interested in the information also.  The short version:  not this year, but looking promising for next year.

Today I picked up a free Qz paper at the Pit Stop when we filled with propane.  I would have told you earlier that the rumor is about three years old and that I had little faith in its fruition.

HOWEVER,  the Blythe City Council met on December 6 to consider certification of the Final Envioronmental Impact Report, Tentative Tract Map and Site Plan for a WalMart SUPERCENTER !!!  It will be located at the intersection of Hobsonway and Impact Blvd.  In other words, at the first off-ramp from I-10 on the east end of town.  In the yada yada section of the Notice of Public Hearing, it mentioned that there would be 735 parking spaces, would include a designated RV parking area, and that overnight parking would be allowed for up to 12 hours pursuant to the Blythe Municipal Code. 

I'm assuming all was approved, but don't know that for sure.  I'm sure the merchants will not welcome the competition, but the Blythe area is in dire need of the tax dollars. 
Margi

Last year while grocery shopping in Blythe, one of the managers told us, that 1 week before the rv show, they raise the price of everything in the store 20%.  Just something to think about.  You might want to grub-up before arriving at qs.

Barb
Currently in Rockport, TX

James Godward said:
Blythe is in CA, Nuff said!!  ;-((

Jim,

Don't say that!  You can sneak in to Albertsons in someone else's tow car, pay with cash (no traceable check or credit cards) and we won't tell anyone, okay?

By the way, California, over the next 20 years, will most likely become even richer and even more powerful than any of the other states because of stem cell research.  Fifty years ago the computer industry was the biggest future growth industry now it's medical stuff of which stem cells/genes are the centermost pivotal area. 

Currently the Feds have cut off funding for this research while California is actively promoting it with both laws and money.  The outcomes of this research, the new jobs, and the industrial growth from the use of medical applications of stem cells/genes may become a BIGGER economic part of the US and world economy than computers have been in the past.

I guess you'll just have to live with 'em!  You can summer in MT and winter in southern CA and drive on any CA highway you want, as long as your MH is 40 feet or less and with a tow car it doesn't exceed 65 feet overall.  Besides that you could have the privilege of supporting the state by paying income tax, property tax, high vehicle fees, and sales tax..."WHAT A DEAL"

JerryF

PS - I thought I saw somewhere that MT was also allowing/promoting stem cell research there.

Friends have a 45' Monaco towing a Jeep and they spend a lot of time in California. I guess they're under 65' total.

JerArda,

I have no problem spending money in CA, I just minimize it!!  We will be spending more in CA this year, even buy diesel, as we will enter the state near Yuma and leave via I-5 up north! This is the year to see all the relatives in SD, Orange Co, SJ, Sac. etc.  MY son and DIL pay enough to support what ever I don't pay there.  In fact, I could live pretty good on what they pay in taxes on Home,stables, vehicles, income, sales etc.  VBG

RREngr said:
Hi Bob, look like I get that week off in January so please add us to the Q-Z list.

Rich & Kay, Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Rich and Kay -- glad to read that you will be coming to the QZ '07 RV Forum Rallye. Let us know if you have any questions about any aspect of your trip to the desert. Your names should already be uploaded to my webpage, HERE.

I look forward to seeing you. Looks like the list is up to 36 rigs now -- so that will be over 70 forum members and friends. For anyone lurking, we still have room for about 50,000 more rigs  (give or take several thousand) . . .  :)

hi this this is red marjorie and i  will atend if we dont get lost going to be out there a month

For clarification, it's Red and his other half, Marjorie.

red said:
hi this this is red marjorie and i  will atend if we dont get lost going to be out there a month

Have just posted your names to the sign-up list, Red. Glad that you and Marjorie will be attending. Don't worry about getting lost -- you can print the directions from my web page, or, if you feel there would still be a problem, please contact me and I will arrange by cell phone to meet you or have someone else meet you at the Ranger Station entrance to our rally location. It's a bit tricky if after dark -- but should be fairly easy if you follow the posted directions during the daylight hours.

I have been posting names to the list exactly as I read them in the posts here on this thread. Some do not want last names or States listed -- so that is why I have posted just your first names. If you want your last name and State you are from -- let me know and I will post it right away.

And again -- glad to read here that you will be coming to the RV Forum rally . . .  :)

Karl said:
Bob,Gee, think maybe you'll have to add a few stones to the fire ring? ;D

Was thinking last year as the circle of firends gathering around the fire ring got bigger and bigger that I may have to begin making the ring larger. So I posted the message about running out of space just in case. :)

You never know, Karl -- as the number of RVers coming to QZ each year gets bigger and bigger (and property values continue to double every couple of years), there may come a time as we come over the hill into the QZ valley we are greeted by a Ranger posting a, "SORRY, QUARTZSITE FULL", sign.  :( :(

When do you plan to leave for QZ?  That is, if in fact you are going there this year?

Ron,

We will be leaving Winterhaven, Ca for QS.  Probably arrive on the 23rd.  Looking forward to it, as this will be our first boondock experience.  And i can't wait to see all of my Alaskan buddies.  I miss them alot.  And and framily that we met in Moab.

Currenly in Las Crucesn NM
Next Stop Benson, AZ
And than Casa Grande for the Holidays with friends.
Seasons Greetings, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Good Health, and Peace of Mind to all.

Barb
Learning to keep it between the white lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom