Quartzsite 2009 activities and photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry we didn't get to see you Bill. We leave in the morning (Sunday).

Tom, heading up 95 to 10?  Stop in and say hey.  I am i the last RV lot before Kuehn. 

What time will you leave?  If not too early I might just take a quick ride down on the bike first thing in the AM.

Hi Bill,

We won't be in a hurry to leave. Headed south to Yuma.

Tom,

Nice group picture. That must have been quite a run for you from the tripod to the center of the back row. Did you have the timer on 5 minutes or have you been exercising in the gym.
To bad we can't be there this year but I'm sure you all have a good time.

chris

I see Russ found the missing HFWPOH award and passed it on. There were so many folks deserving of the award.

Wendy
Quartzsite

Thanks Ron. That's a big compliment coming from a photographer like yourself. I'm sure Bob paid far more attention to the details though. He was very attentive to light direction and the settings on his DSLR camera.

Chris,

Bob and I had to synchronize starting the timers on our respective cameras, then it was a race for the two of us to get in the shot. Bob's new hip had him at a disadvantage.

PancakeBill said:
Sorry we couldn't make the pot-luck, I was with customers till late.  Pic looks great, wish we were in there.

How long will most folks be staying after the 1st?

Sorry you couldn't make it, Bill. The Lawrences will be here till Tuesday or Friday, depending on generator repairs. I think Wendy's folks may stick around for a while also. Smoky and the Admiral till Friday and we'll probably be here till Friday or maybe longer. There may be others past Sunday, but I am not aware of them.

Bob's new hip had him at a disadvantage.

BUT, he did it this year!  Last year he was in so much pain that he got it all set up and took his place while Jerry pushed the button and ran to his spot.  We were all SO happy to see Bob back to being his happy self.  This year our biggest concern was that Bob and Tom would crash into one another while running to their places before the time exposure went off!

ArdraF

Managed a nice visit this morning.  Glad to finally meet some of the folks I have known here for so long.  Boack on my head at work, but thougt a quick hello wouldn't take much time.

Jolene and Koda enjoyed the meeting as well.  Koda really like the petting. 

Several surprise visitors today:

• Bill and Jolene Whetstone arrived by motorcycle. Kody has a kangaroo pouch for a front seat behind the windshield. Regrettably, Bill had to work and they had to leave.
  • Joe and Cricket Lacey drove in and renewed acquaintances with a number of forum members.

Attachments

• JoleneBillCody.jpg
    JoleneBillCody.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 83
  • BernieBillRobertTerry.jpg
    BernieBillRobertTerry.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 90
  • FredJoeJerry.jpg
    FredJoeJerry.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DaisyCricket.jpg
    DaisyCricket.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 75
Group activity in Quartzsite - Bruce and Smokey look for hidden/buried treasure while others observe, wishing they had their own metal detector.

Attachments

• groupactivity.jpg
    groupactivity.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 96
Chris and I would like to extend a big thanks to all the folks who organized this rally, organized the participants, and led various activities. It was great to see some folks in person for the first time and to renew acquaintances with others.

Best find so far among our QZ treasure hunters a 38 year old dime minted in Philly ... LOL ;D

Wonder how long it was in the ground??

Sounds like the one I planted out there a few nights ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom