Quartzsite 2023 Rally - anyone want to organise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bernie, glad you decided to join. We also met you at Q. Your first boondocking was a success! My observation is you learned a lot and were open and flexible to address issues with a curious and positive mindset. Please continue to ask questions, that is one way we all learn.

Jennifer and Dan

Sounds like it was Fun! As life happens, we didn't make it this year once again! One thing that might get me moving next year is the "eclipse" coming our way in April 2024......not sure where we will go to try to see it but we had planned to make Idaho in 2017, had a doggie illness and watched from a northern Calif campground.....of course with our red/blue cardboard lenses. 😀😀

Laura and I had a great time at the rally, it was good to meet you all. We didn't bail after the RV show. We camped at a different spot in ltva for a few days, then visited friends in Tucson, then back to Q. Right now we're in Lake Havasu, we left the trailer in ltva and just took the truck. We'll be back in a day or two.
We stopped at the Desert Bar. So glad we did, I see why y'all said it's a must do. Also glad we were in the truck not the RV nor the street bike. That road was a whole different kind of 'only five miles out of the way'. 😀

You should pop down and camp at KOFA it's beautiful. 2 areas for free camping.

Palm Canyon Rd and we camped at King Road.

We took a day trip to Crystal Hill in KOFA. Went through the campground and hiked up the hill. Yes it's beautiful, and so few people compared to Quartzsite LTVA.

We took a day trip to Crystal Hill in KOFA. Went through the campground and hiked up the hill. Yes it's beautiful, and so few people compared to Quartzsite LTVA.
We loved it there. King Road goes far out and if you've a jeep you can go right and do a circuit back out to the highway further down. It's beautiful.

We are headed to the King Road/Stone Cabin area next Monday with an Escapees group. It is one of my favorite spots. It is absolutely beautiful, but it has to be to make up from being 45 minutes from grocery stores and dump stations LOL! We love roaming around the roads there. Some are just rough 2 tracks, suitable for a tough SUV, and others are true 4WD roads. All are lovely.

We loved it there. King Road goes far out and if you've a jeep you can go right and do a circuit back out to the highway further down. It's beautiful.
There's a way to get from King Road up to the KOFA cabin and from there to I-10. You come out at Vicksburg Road. The Pride station has a free air pump where you can air your tires back up to road pressure.

There's a way to get from King Road up to the KOFA cabin and from there to I-10. You come out at Vicksburg Road. The Pride station has a free air pump where you can air your tires back up to road pressure.
Will have to check that. We were in the truck though and just squeezed through in one section. 😁

As long as we are posting about siderails.

JackieMac and Steve were with me offroading north of Lake Havasu a couple of years ago.

We were driving thru a narrow wash with high walls.

We came to a tight spot with a large boulder on the passenger side.

I slowed down and a voice in the back said "Go ahead, You can make it.

Without pictures it did not happen.

Attachments

• 20230215_114110.jpg
    20230215_114110.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230215_114119(0).jpg
    20230215_114119(0).jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 12

JackieMac and Steve were with me offroading north of Lake Havasu a couple of years ago.

One day you'll tell the true story!! 🤣

That right there is why I got rid of the silly plastic side step on my Jeep and added rock sliders. Even if I never get that close to something, it's nice to know I could.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom