Quartzsite 2023 Rally - anyone want to organise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the pic, Pam. Looks like a small group. Wish we could have come, but we still don't have all of the snow/ice removed from the slide toppers, so don't dare open the slides, which makes it tough to load the coach. it's 4º F here now, with very light snow ( ¼ since sunset ).

Hi Jackie. Bill and I are still dancing - about 5 times a week (whew) having fun though. Sorry you were not here this year, would like to see you again. Take care and happy travels.

Potluck pictures. Not shown are Bill Waugh and Lou Schneider who joined us for just a bit but didn’t eat. Dan West also slipped out somehow. From left to right Larry and Billie Tappan (Journey), Bill Dane and Dolly, Paul and Ann (PJStough), Dan and Jennifer (Ferfer), Kevin and Pam (UTTransplant), Erik (ErikK, his wife slipped away somehow), Marge (the other half of UtahClaimJumper), Doreen and Joe.

We also adopted/got adopted by a single camper next to us, Mike, but he didn’t want his picture taken.
My sweetie Laura is in the picture, she's just to my right.

Returning from "Q" and saw a large 5th wheel with both tires flat on the left side,, this with a strong twenty miles per wind on the right side,, obviously one blew and overloaded the other and it joined the program.. Also ruined both wheels,, we traveled 400 miles with this headwind and it cost 1/3 more for fuel..>>>Dan

Returning from "Q" and saw a large 5th wheel with both tires flat on the left side,, this with a strong twenty miles per wind on the right side,, obviously one blew and overloaded the other and it joined the program.. Also ruined both wheels,, we traveled 400 miles with this headwind and it cost 1/3 more for fuel..>>>Dan
Glad you both got home safe.

When I was driving a truck I was told tires have double the weight carrying capacity at 35 MPH than they do at 65 MPH. So in a pinch if you had a trailer with a low tire you could safely travel at the slower speed until you reached a place where you could air it up. This also means the solution is to slow down if you're in a sustained crosswind that can overload the tires on one side. Of course, slowing down isn't a bad idea even if the wind isn't overloading the tires.

Just received word the person in the zero activity Tiffin motorhome is fine. For those not at Quartzsite during a happy hour discussion it was determined there was a motorhome where the car never moved, no lights, no shades opened, no generator noise, and never a person seen.

Jennifer

Just received word the person in the zero activity Tiffin motorhome is fine. For those not at Quartzsite during a happy hour discussion it was determined there was a motorhome where the car never moved, no lights, no shades opened, no generator noise, and never a person seen.

Jennifer
Heck, that could describe my site here in Arkansas for the last week or so, but then the temps have been near freezing, so I've got an excuse.

I would declare the rally officially over. We are still here, but we leave tomorrow. Everyone else wandered out over the last week to various locations. The stone will be under the tree near the pinned site Dan West posted about.

I always feel bad for the folks who come just for the crazy week of the RV show. This week has been absolutely lovely. Lots of space, not many crowds, and you can actually find a table in a restaurant!

I would declare the rally officially over. We are still here, but we leave tomorrow. Everyone else wandered out over the last week to various locations. The stone will be under the tree near the pinned site Dan West posted about.

I always feel bad for the folks who come just for the crazy week of the RV show. This week has been absolutely lovely. Lots of space, not many crowds, and you can actually find a table in a restaurant!
Safe onward travels to you both.

The dip or small gully that we encountered going to the Rally site also claimed another small amount of damage.

While at Q I was told about a small leak near my gray water tank.

I looked and did not see it until I took another look at home. I did not see the damage at first because it was so obvious.

Here are pictures.

I got two 90 elbows, a short straight piece and fixed it. I then added gorilla tape and hose clamps.

The dump valve does sit low to drain properly.

I am a belt and suspenders guy.

Maybe they will have the dip filled next year, It looked like it was caused by rain water runoff. I am not going to go offroad with the low hanging valve again.

Attachments

• 20230202_151946.jpg
    20230202_151946.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230205_160846.jpg
    20230205_160846.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 15
My rig is 39 foot long and by driving thru the "gulch" at a diagonal I did not drag.. I also do not have a long overhang as most gassers do..>>>Dan

My drain is located in the middle of the chassis and the drain is a little lower than I would like it to be.

Attachments

• drain red.jpg
    drain red.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 7
Our 33’ gasser made it through the gully fine both coming and going. Mike angled it a bit and no problems.

We began to use another way in that had no sharp gullies. But I would recommend rather south in Tyson Wash if we come back. There is a great section you can get to by going to Old Yuma Rd through the area that will have the new dump station, turning south, and then into the last road before Roadrunner. Nice large sections of space.

I missed Q last year because of my Stroke.

I want to be there this winter and plan on bringing tools and some spare parts for solar in case anyone wants to either do solar or just plan a system and pick up some free parts that were left over from my project.

I do not have the Stacker trailer full of tools anymore but I will bring what I can. I am not talking anyone into working but just saying that with the expertise at Q you can at least plan towards or evaluate a possible solar install if you feel like it.

One of the few rules at Q is that you need to wear a name tag so people will know who you are because most of us use our real name and we might recognize you easier with your Forum name.

Fortunately for me my jacket has a sewed on name tag.

I also have a little surprise planned.
Hey Bill how are you doing? It's Bernie Fling the Viet Nam Medic Vet we met at Quartzsite this year. I joined on this site but I'm not the best on a computer so it may take take me sometime to really learn my way around here. I hope your doing well Brother Stay Happy and Healthy. Bernie The Last Fling

Welcome Bernie,

I am glad that you made it to the Forum.

Bernie and I enjoyed an offroad excursion that finally found the mining site on the mountain south of Q from the back side.

Bernie is new to RVing and may have some questions of us,

Bernie's screen name is based on not having any children and being the last of his line.

There were several of us Nam Vets at the rally including Joe who is probably on his way to Mexico.

I was watching for the screen name "Bernie Last"

Hey Bill how are you doing? It's Bernie Fling the Viet Nam Medic Vet we met at Quartzsite this year. I joined on this site but I'm not the best on a computer so it may take take me sometime to really learn my way around here. I hope your doing well Brother Stay Happy and Healthy. Bernie The Last Fling
Welcome to the forum. I hope you didn’t turn your back on Bill if he had his phone out. He’s been known to take pictures when you’re least expecting it.

Bernie's screen name is based on not having any children and being the last of his line.
Welcome, Bernie.
My son and I were discussing this yesterday. I was an only child. My wife and I had 5 boys. All those boys had nothing but girl children. My branch of the family tree dies when my last son passes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom