Quartzsite rally site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billandpam

Passed through Quartzsite took a couple photos of the rally site. First one is the dump station second one is freshwater fill and the last one is what I think will be Tyson Lake.

Attachments

• IMG_3840.jpeg
    IMG_3840.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3843.jpeg
    IMG_3843.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3842.jpeg
    IMG_3842.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, we sure aren’t going to use the old site anymore. I like the looks of the part of Tyson Wash that is just next to Roadrunner. A big rig can get there easily off of Old Yuma Rd, but not from the main drag IIRC.

Nice pics you two, wondering what your doing in the hot ol desert this time of year. Can't wait to join the group again in 2024.

Are there going to be rally spaces for parking, or is it just scattered where ever?
There never were designated spaces at our rallies. The old location was long and fairly narrow bordered by plants and washes along both sides so the custom was for people to back in perpendicular to the road so as many as possible were close to the fire pit/gathering circle. But there was always room for others who didn't want to park that way, they just had a longer walk to and from the activities. I don't know what the new space looks like but it's probably similar.

Yeah, we sure aren’t going to use the old site anymore. I like the looks of the part of Tyson Wash that is just next to Roadrunner. A big rig can get there easily off of Old Yuma Rd, but not from the main drag IIRC.
Prevailing winds are from the north, we don't want to be down wind of the new sewage pond. Odor wasn't an issue at the old dump site because they used an underground leach field. When they installed a similar pond at the Imperial Dam LTVA the surrounding area became known as Skunk Hollow. Tyson Wash may be similarly affected so we may want to look into moving to one of the other LTVAs.

Our site is still there, just north of the pond. But I sure don't want to camp next to a sewage pond.

As far as why there, probably due to the availability of water, being fairly close to the entry gate and that Tyson Wash was always the least used of the 4 LTVAs. It's practically empty outside of the show week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom