Question about downgrading my rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Torchbearer

I have a 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP.  I absolutely love this rv.  My family and I use it for vacations and weekend camping so it sets in the yard a lot especially in the winter.  With the price of diesel and the monthly payment of the motor home, the wife and I have considered down grading.  We are a family of 5 my children 3 children are all under 10, so I need space maybe even bunkbeds.  The problem is that the Bus is so nice and the engine is so powerful that I am afraid that I am not going to be happy with a lesser model.  Do you guys have any suggestions on models that I might look at, or advice for me in my situation. Thanks

Well you won't be happy with a downgrade (initially anyway) after having a nice rig like that, but you'll sure be happy without the payments!  For the age of your kids and the sleeping capacity you need and will continue to need as they grow, many TT and or 5er floorplans are set up with 2-4 rear bunks.  They're pretty uncommon in motorhomes anymore.  For less than what you're paying monthly now, you could probably get a nice used pickup + trailer combo.  Have you thought about that, or would you prefer to stay with a motorhome?

The problem will be that you only get wholesale value when you trade it and that is probably much less than you owe and a tremendous loss in any case. Trading down to a lower priced rig may cost you as much as you save, if you are able to do it at all.  Even selling it privately will likely result in a selling price that is less than you owe on an 06. Especially with the Class A market depressed so badly.

Give me a idea of what would you prefer to satay with, Diesel pusher, class A gas, fift wheel or travel trailer and how much money you plan to invest, used or new? there`s a few options out there. I my be able to give you some ideas and do some research for you. But be ready to be upside down.

I prefer a diesel due to the extra power and the jake break, but if I could get good power out of a gas  I would consider it.  I really would miss that jake break though, it is kind of a security blanket.  As far as price I would like to get it down to around $100,000 give or take.

Tiffin Allegro 35QBA is a nice floor plan with 4 slideouts and bunkbeds is 5 feet shorter but is a gas model, the good thing is that it has a Workhorse chassis wich is a upgrade from the Ford chassis it retails down here in tampa for 115,290 brand new.You won`t pay retail with the incentives they are giving at Lazy Days. This could also help you with the negative equity you my have on your existing coach. Go to www.lazydays.com and enter stock number 1006676.

Torchbearer said:
I prefer a diesel due to the extra power and the jake break, but if I could get good power out of a gas  I would consider it.  I really would miss that jake break though, it is kind of a security blanket.  As far as price I would like to get it down to around $100,000 give or take.

Torch

A gasser doesn't need a jake engine compression, brake. Gas engines have compression built in as part of the design. The jake and the exhaust brakes are add-ins to diesel engines which free-wheel when you come off the accelerator pedal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom