Question about selling coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pp3harris

Unfortunately, age creeps up on all of us and I am forced to sell my Holiday Rambler Endeavor. Does anyone have any suggestions about the best sales outlet or technique? Thanks. I know this is a bit off subject but any suggestions will be appreciated

geodrake,
I believe you meant to say Craigslist. Although, there may be a site named Creigh's!!!  Re-calibrate me if there is. Thanks.

Craiglist is certainly one source, you might also consider RV Trader.com and if there is a owners forum specific to your coach which typically have a for sale section.

Of course, you can also list it here in our For Sale section.

I've also seen people  just put a for SALE sign in the window when it was parked on their  property.  They sold within a week.  Neighborhood was  RV friendly and got lots of traffic.

I recently sold our Fleetwood Bounder using Craig's List and RV Trader. I received several inquiries from CL and the sale came from the CL ad. I paid a premium for the RV Trader ad and did not receive a single response from the ad.

Listed mine on Craigslist and RVonline.com.  Only got pfishing, many sales folks looking for listings and a few scammers on RVonline.com.  Sold it to buyer from Craigslist.  Recommend you put plenty of pics on whichever site you decide to advertise as that seems to attract potential buyers.

pp3harris said:
Unfortunately, age creeps up on all of us and I am forced to sell my Holiday Rambler Endeavor. Does anyone have any suggestions about the best sales outlet or technique? Thanks. I know this is a bit off subject but any suggestions will be appreciated
So...what is it and where are you located? Tell me about it.

You have a few options. You could call around to some local dealers and see what they will offer you for it, which is certainly the quickest way out, but may not give you the most cash. You could look into consigning it somewhere, which takes away a lot of the headaches from selling it (they advertise it for you and have knowledgeable salespeople who will try to sell it to interested parties), or you could try to sell it yourself. You will probably get the most for it by selling it yourself, but it will most likely take a bit longer. Some tips for selling it yourself:

-Post it in multiple places, such as RV Forums, RTV.com, RVTrader.com, craigslist.com, racingjunk.com, your local classifieds, etc.
-Post plenty of well-lit pictures of both the inside and the outside of your coach.
-Make sure you have your RV CLEAN and clutter-free before you photograph it.
-Post as much relevant info as you can about it, including the mileage (don't just say "low mileage")
-Post your phone number, but do it using a mixture of numbers and letters, so that spam-bots can't call you. Like this "My phone number is 91six 4five2 seven33two"
-Be realistic on the price, take into account the age and condition of your RV, and look online for the exact same model, see what they are selling for, and price yours just slightly lower.

First ask yourself...Do I have the time to manage the sale myself? When you list it yourself you have the responsibility of managing the ads and dealing with the calls on your own. Is that something you want to do?

We purchased our HR from a dealership which had it on consignment from the seller who purchased it new from them. They made a commission of course but for it they did all of the advertising and customer interaction. The seller set his minimal acceptable price and what he was willing to spend to prep the rig for the sale. Fortunately for us, the rig was in excellent condition so it was a quick process on his and our part.

Know what might need repair and what you're willing to pay to be repaired if needed as part of the deal or negotiate down in the purchase price if you aren't willing to.

Depending on your location, timing is everything for a quick sale. But with the cold weather spreading across the country, finding an eager buyer this time of year might be difficult. The longer its "on the lot" the harder it is to get the price you want whether that is at a dealer or in front of your house.

If you do sell it on your own. See about parking it in a high visibility location with a detailed sign in the window about the unit and contact information so perspective buyers can make an appointment to see more.

Try Craigslist, it is easy, no cost, and will not prevent you from turning it over to a broker if you have to. Our Tradewinds  was sold in 2 days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom