Question for folks that Dinghy tow a Chevy Trailblazer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeCoke

Since the Manual says to disconnect the Battery before towing will the Memory in the Radio and other things lose what is in their memory . I know when I disconnect the Battery in my CRV I lose all the radio stations I put into the presets. That would be a pain if you had to reenter them after each time you tow the Trailblazer
Mike

Question for folks that Dinghy tow a Chevy Trailblazer.

Last edited:
Since the Manual says to disconnect the Battery before towing will the Memory in the Radio and other things lose what is in their memory . I know when I disconnect the Battery in my CRV I lose all the radio stations I put into the presets. That would be a pain if you had to reenter them after each time you tow the Trailblazer
Mike
Probably. There is supposed a way to get around that by connecting some sort of smaller battery to the cables.

I'm not sure what a "Ford Trailblazer" is. lol

But yes, you will probably lose presets and other electronic memory settings. Search for "OBD II 12v memory saver" and see if it might work for your needs.

A few years ago I saw online a thing about thumb-sized that you plugged into your cigarette lighter/power port that had a battery attached that fed just enough power through the system to keep the presets after detaching the starting battery. Can't find it now.

Resetting the radio, a clock and the transmission relearning is a minor inconvenience compared to toasting the transmission.

Chevy makes the Trailblazer, not Ford. Please clarify, just to be sure that the answers match the vehicle you meant to ask about.

From what I've read elsewhere and my own experience, newer vehicles typically do not lose radio memory with the battery disconnected, or at least not right away. I know I've swapped batteries in my 2017 Cadillac and my daughters 2017Nissan and 2018 Mazda without impacting the radio memory. Or even the clock. But I don't have specific info on the Trailblazer model.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom