Question to owners of Yamaha e2400ishc inverter/generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrwpmw

Just got mine the other day, runs great, very quiet.  Going camping this weekend and it's going to be hot!

Just a few questions.
1) I am told this will run a 13,500 BTU without any problems.  I researched some before buying it, and it sounds like it should run my AC fine.  I just wanted to know if anybody else had experience running a 13,500 or bigger AC with one.

2) The BIG question - the specs say this will run 8.6 hours at 1/4 load on 1 tank of gas.  But what does that really mean?  Say my A/C runs the entire time, how many hours can I expect per tank?

Thanks!

Be aware that the Yamaha ef2400isc has a surge (start-up wattage) of 2400 watts and a continuous (running) wattage of 2000 watts.  Assuming your A/C unit is in good condition, you should be OK.  Also be aware the genny will be almost tapped out with the A/C running.  You will have to run the fridge on LP and you probably won't be able to use any other appliances (toaster, microwave, hair dryer, Mr. Coffee, etc) at the same time the A/C is running.  That would push the genny over the edge and you will trip the circuit breaker.

As far as the gas question and using round numbers, a 1/4 load would be approx. a 500 watt load.  So the genny is stated to run for 8.6 hrs. at a 500 watt load with 1.6 gallons of gas.  The A/C unit runs at approx. 1000-1500 watts with a start-up surge of over 2000 everytime the unit cycles.  So I'll bet that you would be cutting your run time down to about 5 hours (give or take) per tank of gas.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that helps thank you.  I fired it up tonight and the AC ran fine, I was even able to switch on the Microwave without tripping a breaker. 

Back
Top Bottom