Questions about fulltiming with cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see you already have many replies but let me chime in too. My wife and I fulltimed for 3 years with 3 cats. We bought a very nice cat carrier/habitat like the folks who do cat shows use. It had a hammock and everything. Our cats did so-so but we had one that was a yowler if that is a word. Anyway, we stopped at a roadside stand in Texas to buy so fruit and I decided to try one cat back in the 5er. It worked so well that they all ended up back there. Our Hitchhiker had MorRyde IS suspension and it rode great. My wife left an open bottle of water on the table one time and it was still in the same place 300 miles later. Also, one of our cats is so laid back that she would climb up onto her cat tree and ride there watching the world go by. The other two would ride under the sofa. I guess it all depends on the personality of your kitties. If it wasn't against the law, I'd suggest putting the kids back there too. Much better for the old folks. JMHO.

Ray

Great to hear that at least one family has fultimed with cats in a 5er, because I haven't yet seen any motorhome with a layout that says, "home", and we'll probably be spending a month in any location we stop in (less driving, more living-in).

Good tip about the quality suspension. If we can make sure we get upgraded suspension, it sounds like a 5er might work out for us after all. Was beginning to think we'd have to buy a MH just to appease the cats :)

My 3-yr-old Fuzzy Baby (aka Jemmy) always had a handy doggy door in the house. She didn't like the abrupt change to the motorhome, especially because she couldn't go outside. I felt so bad for her, but didn't let her out for awhile because of the safety issues.

Did nervously let her out after a couple of months in the MH, when I had paid for a month at that park. She was scared to death, which I was glad to see, and she stayed pretty close by. Oh yeah, she was happy to get out!

Tried the harness thing, taking awhile to get her used to it, but when I finally took her outside on it, she just backed out of the harness. So, I just let her out every few days when I'm going to be in one place for a few weeks more, and now she doesn't even want to stay out very long.

Litterbox (another big change we both had to get used to) -- have tried it several places, and now I'm thinking maybe I'll put a cat door in the toilet-room door and put it in there...

Back
Top Bottom