Questions, Towing 2012 Jeep Liberty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiaVet

We're not new to RVing but are new to towing.  We have a 2012 Jeep Liberty.  It is an automatic, has the button that says tow/haul and can go from 2wd to 4wd with a switch of a small lever on the console.  Can this Jeep be towed all 4 wheels down and how difficult is it to set up for towing behind out RV.  Can someone explain this to me

Thanks for any help.

Cindy

According to REMCO at http://www.remcoindustries.com/Towing/Store.php

2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4WD V6 3.7L cyl 4-Speed Automatic 42RLE
Notes

Towable as is without speed or distance restrictions. See Owner's Manual for confirmation and procedures.
    Please check your Owner's Manual for confirmation. Follow procedures within Owner's Manual for guidance when towing this vehicle.

Setting up a Jeep to tow cost a few bucks but they are very simple to hook up and tow.

There's a tiny little button in front of the 4WD lever on the center console. Check your owner's manual for details.

Oscar Mike said:
See Owner's Manual for confirmation and procedures.  Please check your Owner's Manual for confirmation. Follow procedures within Owner's Manual for guidance when towing this vehicle.

Setting up a Jeep to tow cost a few bucks but they are very simple to hook up and tow.

When we left for OR, I hooked up the Jeep and followed those instructions, the ones n my manual.  It did not shift.  Tried all the variations I could think of and no luck.  Called my dealer and they told me the same as my book, still did not shift.  They went and got a book from a newer Jeep, mine was 9 months old at the time.  Totally different instructions and they worked.  Make sure the book is correct long before you need to leave on a trip.  I didn't as Jeep has always had the right instructions in the book.  Do not trust them!

We're towing a 2003 jeep liberty with absolutely no issues. Found a tow bar at a garage sale for a great price. Brake Buddy on craigslist for 1/2 price, bought tow kit for jeep, and wire harness off of E-trailer.com. All in for around $1200.

Back
Top Bottom