Radiator drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pp3harris

I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, CAT 3126, Freightliner chassis. Can someone please tell me where the radiator drain is ?
Thanks

May not have one.  A lot of rads don't come with one, you drain by pulling the lower hose.

There is a petcock way back by the transmission in what I presume is a heater hose. Is that there to drain the coolant system? If so, I don't see how all of the coolant can get out of the radiator.
It will be a pain to get the 13 yr old bottom radiator hose off and it will probably ruin it but it needs replaceing anyway.
Thanks for the input.

pp3harris said:
There is a petcock way back by the transmission in what I presume is a heater hose. Is that there to drain the coolant system? If so, I don't see how all of the coolant can get out of the radiator.
It will be a pain to get the 13 yr old bottom radiator hose off and it will probably ruin it but it needs replaceing anyway.
Thanks for the input.
That petcock is probably to drain the heater core, not sure why they'd give you one for that and none for the rad.  It's amazing nobody else had chimed in. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamiluu
Back
Top Bottom