Rain in Iowa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hpykmpr

We are on the Iowa leg of our summer long trip to the west coast and are at the Amana Colonies . Man can it rain in Iowa. I sure hope we get a couple days of better weather so we can explore the area some . So far 2 days here and 2 days of rain, three days to go and then we move on...Alan

Iowa...let me troll my memory banks. Corn...Corn....and more Corn. Just kidding :) be sure to stay away from those handmade quilts, they are pricey. We have had one of those on our bed for ten years.

You do realize that corn grows best in humid conditions...right!  8)

Alan, I'm sure they have told you that they have just come through a multi year drought, so they have smiles on their faces with the rain.  If it any consolation, NS is still cold and wet from what my daughter is telling us.

Ed

Alan,
Yep....know the feeling. Have been at Cuttys in Urbandale for the last few days and its been raining cats and dogs. Took a drive into NW Iowa today and flooding is common place. Break out your galoshes!

Alan,

The next 3 days does not look much better.  More of the same.  Sorry to rain on your trip.  We did need the moisture, but not this much, this fast.  I finished up the planting hours before the rain started.  On to Gillette!!!

Roger

After sunny Iowa its off to a couple days in Omaha and then on to South Dekota.

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Alan, I'm sure they have told you that they have just come through a multi year drought, so they have smiles on their faces with the rain.  If it any consolation, NS is still cold and wet from what my daughter is telling us.

Ed
  Yes I am sure they needed the rain but now I fear they have a bit much. I don't think corn will do too well under the water ,feast or drought I guess.It looks like N.S. is having a very wet cold spring ,better than northern New York though.....Alan

Most of the fields, at least in north central Iowa where the best topsoil is located, are tiled. They like to see a couple of fronts go through each week, especially if it's at night, and then hot days.

JMHO: 

Cut your losses and start  on the next leg of your trip unless it is hailing and driving rain.  No sense in in sitting in the RV and watch rain drops.

ALK

Back
Top Bottom