Ran into new web site, like the FBI Attention: Your Browser has been blocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doug_FL

This one says "YOUR BROWSER HAS BEEN BLOCKED security-scan-8814.in". I have run into both, The FBI fake site and now this
one. All I do is hit Ctrl Alt Delete and end process. I didn't run into any problems beyond that. I look over my machine and check
in Control Panel Programs and Features. I don't find anything that shouldn't be there. It has not caused any other problems. I'm
quick about this, I immediately end task. So, nothing gets downloaded to my machine. So, these have not caused me any problems,
not that I know of that is.

Do these sites with these error messages cause any problems you can't see or detect?

You didn't have to force close the browser, just closing the tab, or normally closing the browser would have been sufficient, but end task is safe too.  As long as you didn't click on any links on the page you're probably safe, but I would do the usual malware scans to be sure.  Depending on how secure you've configured your browser, particularly how you have scripting allowed or not, the page could have installed some malware.  If you run an addon like NoScript, and didn't allow scripting on the page, you should be OK.

Doug,

Google the word, mailwasher or maybe mail washer.  It's a fantastic program.  Been using it for 8+ years.

JerryF

Jerry, MailWasher wouldn't have helped him, he was at a web page in the browser.

Back
Top Bottom