Reading, PA to Yellowstone NP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Richard
I wasn't going to say anythinf once I looked at the map.  Thought maybe therre was a bad area to avoid, like 70 through the city, but I have the traffic minder feature and it showed green all the way on 270, so stuck with it.  Whenever I get routing advice, I check it out first and decide.  ;) 

We are in Ogden today at Jolenes Dad's house, 'camped' in the street.  Tonight we may move up the road a little for an easy start in the morning. 

Wyoming was cold!  20 deg overnight, getting us ready for Yellowstone, my temp bug for the park shows 8 deg right now at 7:30 MDT.  Dang, am I ready? 

The snow was on the highway, just dusting etc, but you should have seen our car!  Wow was it dirty!

OK, first mishap.  Got into Ogden, took sis-in-laws advice on which road to take, they have the lanes narrowed, sitting in traffic, creep forward and the F350 to my right, with the extended mirror was overlaping my mirror by maybe 3/4".  Well as I crept by, mine swept back, his snapped forward.  Dang!  Guess that is why we have insurance!

PancakeBill said:
Whenever I get routing advice, I check it out first and decide.  ;)

Bill, I'm glad you checked out "my route." I don't know what I was thinking when I gave you those directions -- except that we had just come that way the day before and had the route in my mind. Sorry to hear about all the cold weather you are running into. It got down to 37? F this morning at the farm; things were pretty frosty. Hope it did not damage the crops.

Sorry to hear of your minor mishap. Safe travels on the remainder of your trip.

Richard

We made it.  Great run today from Ogden to Yellowstone.  On our site, sat signal strong, good sewer connection this year!  Ready for the below freezing overnight, and tomorrows forecast of snow.  Went to the Pub tonight for pizza and beers with fellow workers, nice time.  Good relaxing evening after a pretty solid week of driving.  Haven't done the math yet, but about 2500 miles?  6 days. 

Ready for bed.  Goodnight all.

Attachments

• IMG_8132.jpg
    IMG_8132.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 16
400+/day is decent for a travel only run. Sorry we did not get a chance to wave at each other as we zoomed through the Rockies.

Back
Top Bottom