Rear indicator lens removal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougie Brown

Today's daftest question - how do I remove the rear lens on my 2000 Adventurer to get at the bulb?  :-\

Dougie.

Edit by John to change message icon to "Solved"

It must have been a daft question!

Any takers?  I still need to know.  :-\

Dougie.

Can you get at the bulb from the "inside" without taking the lens cover off?

Time for the Irishman's screwdriver (aka a hammer)  ;D

Tom said:
Time for the Irishman's screwdriver (aka a hammer)  ;D

I've got a Glesgae screwdriver, which basically will be the same thing.  :D

(Translations for the hard of hearing if required....).

Dougie.

Dougie, best wait until you've slept off the red wine before applying the hammer  ;D

I was always of the opinion that any answer on a thread was better than none.

Until tonight.

:'(

As we always say, any advice you receive here is worth what you paid for it  ;)

Hopefully, someone with more intimate knowledge will respond with a more acceptable answer.

Dougie,

Hopefully, John Canfield our Winnebago moderator with good factory contacts will see this (I'll send him a PM), but it might be tomorrow by the time he replies.

Hi dougie,if you have bargeman lenses you just need to undo the screw each side. Unless someone has stuck them in.

From my Winnebago contact:

"This lens just clips in place, after all these years, I'm guessing someone may have cap sealed the perimeter.  If so, cut the silicone at the base to lens seam and then use a flat screwdriver or something very thin to press between the lens and base, then twist and the lens should pop off.  Be cautious because I'm sure the plastic is kind of brittle after 11-12 years in the sun."

John Canfield said:
From my Winnebago contact:

"This lens just clips in place, after all these years, I'm guessing someone may have cap sealed the perimeter.  If so, cut the silicone at the base to lens seam and then use a flat screwdriver or something very thin to press between the lens and base, then twist and the lens should pop off.  Be cautious because I'm sure the plastic is kind of brittle after 11-12 years in the sun."

Good morning John, and thanks for the input.

It's a partially-recessed square lens (left one of a pair) which in fact is pretty loose, having re-checked it this morning.  I'll put my sensitive hands on shortly and have a go!  Thanks.

Dougie.

Forgot to update this - all sorted, thanks.  There are two recessed clips down each side of the lens into which a screwdriver needs to be inserted - exactly as John stated.  Nasty design IMHO, but I managed all four without any breakages. :)

Dougie.

John Canfield said:
That's nature's way of telling you it's time for a new coach  :D

If nature could find a way to tell my bank or the lottery office the same thing, I'd appreicate it!

Back
Top Bottom