reffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packnrat

help for a home use reffer.
i have read that home styled reffers are not as deep as what is some at the home centers( pick your brand).
is this true? if so where could one go look at them? check for size. etc.

reason is my home kitchen wall is short for every unit ( reffer sticks out three inches) i have seen at my local big box store.
and with my back like it is. way too many items hide and go bad unseen in the back shelving.
so thinking a shallow rv “home unit” unit might be the answer.
as now i have no info other than reading something on this. so all good input is welcome.

If you talking about a home fridge - look at the models that list "Cabinet" depth.  They are typically 30" deep vs the "36" or more for a standard unit.

-Chak

i have not heard of cabinet depth. gives me a start.
just had read the ?home models? used in a rv are not as deep. as the stick n brick units.
but thanks will look into this.
just being a older ( older to me at 61) single, these huge supper every bling bling units are of no value to me. then looking to remodel my kitchen, would be good to find things that fit into this even older house.
heck even my dish washer is made portable and about 1/2 reg size. is made to move around for apt usage.

have to live here a 10 more years, before i can skip this state. permanently

Been my experience that the walls are made 3 inches short to allow clearance for the door edge to clear when opened..>>>Dan

look at the models that list "Cabinet" depth.  They are typically 30" deep vs the "36" or more for a standard unit.

I believe you will find that cabinet or counter depth fridges are 24" rather than 30"-35" for standard depth (give or take an inch).
https://www.whirlpool.com/blog/kitchen/what-is-a-counter-depth-refrigerator.html

packnrat said:
i have not heard of cabinet depth. gives me a start.
just had read the ?home models? used in a rv are not as deep. as the stick n brick units.
but thanks will look into this.
just being a older ( older to me at 61) single, these huge supper every bling bling units are of no value to me. then looking to remodel my kitchen, would be good to find things that fit into this even older house.
heck even my dish washer is made portable and about 1/2 reg size. is made to move around for apt usage.

have to live here a 10 more years, before i can skip this state. permanently

As Gary said, a "counter depth" fridge is not as deep as a standard depth fridge. There are no residential fridges made specifically for RV use, and the models used may or may not be "counter depth" depending on the floor plan and cabinet sizes. The residential fridge I installed in our coach extends about 2.5 inches past the cavity wall and has an overall depth of 25.5 inches. The 2.5 in clearance is needed to allow the door to open fully.

I'm aware of that, Gary, but "...so thinking a shallow rv ?home unit? unit might be the answer." implied that he was looking a residential style fridge designed for RV use, which of course doesn't exist. "Counter depth" is what he needs to look for, not "RV use".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moore1947
Back
Top Bottom