Refrigerator help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With a door that already draws condensate, then drips, you may be better off getting the surplus door and replace both at once, especially if the price is close.

I think I've decided to level the RV, test the fridge again, defrost properly, then observe results.
Based on results, will do nothing, yay!
or
look for surplus replacement door with better seal
or
bite the bullet and get new gasket.

Thank you all so much!
Stay tuned for more questions...I'm making progress thanks to everyone's support!

Some tips:

Even though I bought my RV new and was given a folder full of booklets, most of them were for installation and basically junk.  I discovered that the manufacturers of nearly all of these components have online sites that contain really good manuals.  Over the years, as I have done things like replace the toilet gasket, I have gone online and downloaded manuals and parts list into a folder on my laptop. 

I also have a favorites category for manufacturer's websites and YouTube videos on how to repair things.  It has really helped.

Great advise JudyJB!

You're right, the general RV manual(s) are essentially useless.  I have several of the hard copy manuals of other components as the prior owner kept the original manuals for things, and I've  gone online for others.  I haven't downloaded them for future use which I should!

The manuals that tell how to install a product can be useful.  We found in one situation that the installer had been installing his item for years and had always done it a specific way.  He never read the installation manual that came with the new product and, therefore, didn't know that he was supposed to do a few things differently.  Over the years we've found that even happens with the RV manufacturer.  They set up a production line and get a process going which may or may not take into account the necessity to change when a product they're installing changes.  So, those manuals may appear to be useless but keep them anyway because they might end up being needed for something like inches of clearance needed for air flow.

ArdraF

I agree with Adra..  I've seen things done wrong. And I have also seen the most amazing thing.. A technician (Female, runs her own RV service company,  That may explain it) Who actually READ the instructions and followed them!!!!!!

yes she's my Favorite RV tech.  (And now you know why)

Also.l. I picked up one of the generic manuals 11 years ago.. Forget if RV book or RV Owner's Handbook.. And found in many cases it does a better job of describing some maintenance thigns than the factory manual.

Difference between a manual written by engineers for they have no idea who
And a manual written by and for users.

Saving them as a favorite only helps if you're in a place with wifi or cellular data.  Whenever I can I download the Adobe (PDF) and save it.  Both on my iPad (as an eBook) and in my laptop.

It's easier to find what I want on the computer than in the giant expanding folder I store next to my drivers seat.  ::)

Back
Top Bottom