Refrigerator Venting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommyt

Does the back/rear of a 110v/LP gas Dometic or Norcold two door refrigerator have to be vented to the outside? Could they be vented to a garage in a toy hauler?

Good air movement is critical and remember you have a flame capable of producing C0. I'd want to vent to the outside. Check this PDF showing Dometic venting...

tommyt said:
Does the back/rear of a 110v/LP gas Dometic or Norcold two door refrigerator have to be vented to the outside? Could they be vented to a garage in a toy hauler?

Are you refering to the "garage area" of the toy hauler or a garage in which the toy hauler is parked?  Are you planning on running the refrigerator on propane or 110V?

The refrigerator needs to be vented to outside air to disperse the carbon monoxide generated by the propane flame.

Beyond that, you need the chimney effect established by having a low intake to let cool air in while letting the heated air escape through the roof vent.  If you're using two through the wall vents instead of a roof vent you may have to add a fan to enhance the airflow over the coils.

I am refering to the garage area of a toy hauler and running it on both 110v and propane.

tommyt said:
I am refering to the garage area of a toy hauler and running it on both 110v and propane.

This would be extremely dangerous and should not be considered.  The propane flame eats up oxygen and produces CO which is a deadly combination.

Back
Top Bottom