Removing the 300w inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capndavid2001

I have a 2005 Itasca 35U Suncruiser. Before I cause damage trying to remove the Dimension 300W inverter does anyone know what the secret is to remove this device. I cannot locate any flange mounting screws or obvious mounting hardware so not sure what the key to unlock this might be. Any suggestions is appreciated

Attachments

• Inverter front view.jpg
    Inverter front view.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Inverter mounting.jpg
    Inverter mounting.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 13
Mine is anchored with some form of scotch dual lock. I've had it out a couple times, just pried up from the front. Not sure if that's OEM or prior owner.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Mine is anchored with some form of scotch dual lock. I've had it out a couple times, just pried up from the front. Not sure if that's OEM or prior owner.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Thank you Mark, i will give it a little encouraging force. I heard back from Winnebago tech support and they believe it to be installed with velcro. Who would have guessed an OEM install with velcro.

Yeah, at first glance one might think it's velcro but it's a bit beefier than that. It's a product I've used commercially, very similar to Scotch Dual Lock. The stuff is da bomb if you want to have something removable when you need to, but otherwise stays put. Guessing that it was an expedient solution to mounting the unit there vs holes and fasteners, or a special bracket. Slap on some sticky tape, set in place and down the road it goes. 2 decades later it's still there.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Who would have guessed an OEM install with velcro.
It's actually pretty common in RVs, where anything that isn't fastened down somehow is gonna move around on the road. Portable & semi-portable "deck mount" boxes are often held in place with industrial grade velcro or sometimes double-sided mounting tape. Wood access panels that need to be removable are another item often held with velcro.

Velco is popular at the factory because it is quick & easier to use on the assembly line, not to mention forgiving of mounting location mistakes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom