Repair or Replace Onan Gennerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OTGT

Ive been having some issies lately with my Onan Emerald Plus Generator. Today, going down the road it just all the sudden quit and I cant get it starter again. Theres fuel in the lines. I also noticed that now when I start the generator, it is hard to turn over and when it does, it makes alot of noice with a ping at the end. My generator has abouit 2400hrs on it. Should I just replace it at this point or pay to figure out the problem. I thing it has something to do with the starter but not sure it would make it turn off in the first place. I found a onan emerald 1 used for $830 that supposted to run great. Is it worth the money for the new one oven though its a slight downgrade from mine (No electronic ignition and capped voltage regulator)?

Yeah, that "new" one will run great until the seller sees your tail lights. LOL Seriously, I would have the generator checked by a competent shop. It may be a simple fix.

RoyM said:
Yeah, that "new" one will run great until the seller sees your tail lights. LOL Seriously, I would have the generator checked by a competent shop. It may be a simple fix.

I think I'll do that. I'm having headers put on my MH this thursday and he will drop the generator and take a look at it. He also said not to rush on buying one. Usually its something simple to fix.

Back
Top Bottom