Replacement Armrests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leviweaver

I did a quick search of the forum for "armrests", but every topic that I saw was for the swivel seats, so I apologize if this has already been brought up...

The armrest on my passenger's side seat is broken. It's the kind that is supposed to lock into place (to release, you pull it all the way up, then it goes down... to lock it into position, you start from the bottom and it click-click-clicks into place until it's at the desired height). The driver's side works fine. The one on the passenger's side clicks into position, but then when you put your arm on it, it collapses.

I took both armrests off last night (so that I could compare what looked different in the broken one); I disassembled them as far as I could get them, and I think I can see the part that's broken, but it's beyond my ability to disassemble the thing any further, so I'm wondering if the fix might just be to get a replacement armrest.

However, despite my best Google search skills, I can't seem to find replacement armrests anywhere.

Does anyone either a.) know where to find a replacement (it's for a 2008 View)? or b.) have expertise in fixing this specific issue, and might be willing to talk me through the process?

Click the Resources button above and scroll down to RV parts and salvage. I can't guarantee one of them will have what you need, but it might be worth contacting some of them.

I'm assuming the seats are Winnebago installed?  If so, then I would talk to your local Winnebago dealer about a replacement armrest.  If no local dealer, you can call Lichtsinn in Forest City.

Here is a link to the View/Navion forum with pictures of someone adding new armrests and copy of invoice for the armrests: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ViewNavionMods/photos/albums/9557582

Bill
2013 Via 25T

Hope I am not to late to this party  ;D I had to replace an arm rests on both our Winnebago front Captains chair - Winnebago will list two - one with a cover and one without the cover. The one with out the cover is considerably cheaper and normally in stock. I ordered from Lichtsinn Motors. YMMV - Michael

Not too late! I actually called Lichtsinn, and they told me that the armrests used for the 08 View aren't actually Winnebago parts at all, they're considered part of the chassis, and thus are technically a Dodge part.

$185 to replace it, so I'm considering just shoving a yoga mat under it to hold it in place. :/

Since you have it off and can see the damaged part I would carry it to an upholstery shop and have them take a look. I bet they can do something for way less than $185.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom