replacement battery for my 2021 class C, forest river sunseeker, 25'.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shelly g

Hi, I would like to get a replacement battery for my 2021, class C, forest river sunseeker, 25'. I don't know what kind of battery or where to buy? Can I get recommendations, please.??
Im new to RV. I don't boondock, but sometimes will use battery power for a few hours at a time.
thank you,
shelly, Delray, FL

If not boondocking and you are usually pugged in, I would replace it with a low cost 12 volt deep cycle/marine battery(ies). That is probably what you have in there so just replace it with the same.

How comfortable are you with wiring? Or do you have a good mobile tech around? I would recommend replacing the single 12v battery with two 6v “golf cart” batteries. They fit in the same space, but increase your battery capacity significantly. We always changed our 12v batteries to two 6v as soon as we got a rig that had a single 12v.

How comfortable are you with wiring? Or do you have a good mobile tech around? I would recommend replacing the single 12v battery with two 6v “golf cart” batteries. They fit in the same space, but increase your battery capacity significantly. We always changed our 12v batteries to two 6v as soon as we got a rig that had a single 12v.
The batteries in that class C may be stored under the entrance stairs. If so, a 6 volt may not fit - they are too tall. OP may not need the extra capacity (and cost) if they do not boondock.

The two 6V GC2 solution is a slam dunk for power and cost per amp hour, but I think in a mostly shore power application I would lean towards a single 12V marine battery too. Odds are high the thing is going to age out before it wears out, so why spend twice as much and carry around twice as much only to pitch them at end of life. Would be useful to know though if the battery compartment could hold GC2's in the event someday you'd want to switch to those.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

From the Forest River Sunseeker brochure:
1709140960907.png
If you have one with two batteries, Mark's suggestion of two 6V GC2 would be a good plan and should be connected as in this picture. If you have one of the models with only one battery, then you want a group 24 or 27 battery.

No one has asked........ Is it the battery under the hood that starts the engine? or the battery or batteries that are used to power the house/coach functions?

Is your battery bad? How have you determined this? Or are you just wanting to replace the existing battery with more and larger/higher capacity batteries?

Charles

The simple answer is buy one of the same type & size that you now have. That means locating it (probably under the hood of your Sunseeker) and looking at the label. It may be something like "Group 24" or some model number like "24DC". That's often what new C motorhomes are equipped with. If unsure, maybe you could snap a photo and post it here so we can see too. Your coach has at least two batteries, one to start the engine and another to provide 12v power inside when you are not connected to shore power.

There may be reasons to upgrade to larger or higher quality batteries if your coach has the space needed, but if you have been satisfied up til now, there is no real reason to change. Let's first establish what you now have and then discuss whether there is some benefit to making a change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozrkbnd
Back
Top Bottom