Replacing decals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our 2010 Passport has pealing decals we bought it last fall.
After we bought it, we found a big box in one of the cabinets, inside the box, a new set of decals.
The box is in our basement, someday, when I get a round to it, I will put them on.

KarenMac said:
I contacted Keystone customer service about my decals. They asked me for photos - long view and close ups. I sent them and a coup,e days later they said they would send replacements at no cost to me. I have to pay some to put them on, just as I'm paying to have what's left of the old ones removed.

Those of you considering having new ones made, you might want to talk to Keystone first to see if they'll send you replacements.

KarenMac, I know a year has passed since you first posted on this topic, but is there any chance you know who you spoke to or what department you contacted to get the replacements at no cost? I have an identical situation to yours (except that my Montana is a 2008) but I got a different response from Keystone customer service. The answer I got was that not only was it out of warranty, but that only a dealer would potentially have any decals in inventory. My decals look to be in the same condition as yours were in the pictures you posted. I am about to start the tedious removal process, and I would like to have an idea of what costs are ahead of me. As countless others have commented, Keystone should stand by their product and replace their best form of advertising. I'm glad they did the right thing for you and I hope they'll do the same for me.

How did your replacement project turn out? Anything to watch out for?

For people removing decals, there is a tip in the resource tab that someone submitted about getting the starting edge wrapped around a wooden dowel and rolling the decal off. Keeps the pressure even so the decal is less likely to tear.

Renkenj - I don't remember her  name, but I will look in my email. If I find her name, I'll be happy to let you know. I've heard that some CS reps do that and it seems really inconsistent.

Also to the person who suggested rolling the decals off with a wooden dowel, that might work with some of them, but most seem to need to be scraped off. Use a plastic scraper, not a razor.

Karen

I had the front decal removed and replaced by pro's, who just happen to be good friends, this past summer.
They removed the old one with a spray bottle of what I thought was special chemical but turned out to be just plain old tap water.
They sprayed it down and kept it wet then used very sharp, and he stressed new, one sided razor blades and with two blades removed it all.  Then he washed the glue off with acetone, then wiped it with water again before applying the new decal.  Perfect job and no scratches.

Potterhall said:
I have a Winnebago 2007, but problem is the same.  One side of the RV looks OK but the decals on the other side are peeling off all around the edges, etc and are faded and dirty.  How do you get the old decals off, if you can find new ones to have made or...?
a 200 dollar steam cleaner works best followed by orange cleaner to remove leftover adhesive. Works way better than heat gun or the rubber wheel decal removers 

Sr Fox said:
...then used very sharp, and he stressed new, one sided razor blades and with two blades removed it all...Perfect job and no scratches.
There's an almost art form to removing decals that way. It's very easy to slip and cause damage. The good ones make it look easy, but it's harder than it looks.

Deano2002 said:
a 200 dollar steam cleaner works best followed by orange cleaner to remove leftover adhesive.
Just an added warning - if you're using this method up top near the rubber roof, be very careful not to get the citrus cleaner on the rubber. Citrus cleaner can severely damage the chemical composition of the EPDM.

KarenMac said:
Renkenj - I don't remember her  name, but I will look in my email. If I find her name, I'll be happy to let you know. I've heard that some CS reps do that and it seems really inconsistent.

Also to the person who suggested rolling the decals off with a wooden dowel, that might work with some of them, but most seem to need to be scraped off. Use a plastic scraper, not a razor.

Karen

KarenMac, I received your message (two days late strangely), but apparently I do not have privileges to respond so I'm doing it here. Thanks for the info about my model year. I will definitely check it out! Appreciate your time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom