Replacing Thetford aqua magic foot flush with Aqua 5 hand flush stupid question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluffdalian

I am replacing my old Thetford toilet with their Aqua magic 5 hand flush.  My old toilet was a footflush model.  Where the water left the bowl and flowed down to the waste tank was one solid piece.  This new toilet is designed differently or is just a lot Smarter than I am.  When the flush is initiated, the waste drops down about 4 inches before it enters the bottom of the toilet on its way to the tank.  It seems to me that the inside of the toilet will get messy and dirty.  I can't imagine why there isn't a plastic tunnel for the waste to drop directly down from the bowl to the tank.  Can someone help me understand how this works?  Thetford sells thousands so I guess ir is correct.
Thanks,

I had to replace my Aqua Magic 4 but due to obstructions could not get a 5.  I finally found a used one from an ancient Winnebago.

The problem we found was that whoever was using that Winnie let the black water tank overflow.  The bottom of the toilet was horribly stained and there was a permanent sewage smell that no amount of cleaning could erase.  So I don't think that this toilet is "smarter".

Bluffdalian said:
I am replacing my old Thetford toilet with their Aqua magic 5 hand flush.  My old toilet was a footflush model.  Where the water left the bowl and flowed down to the waste tank was one solid piece.  This new toilet is designed differently or is just a lot Smarter than I am.  When the flush is initiated, the waste drops down about 4 inches before it enters the bottom of the toilet on its way to the tank.  It seems to me that the inside of the toilet will get messy and dirty.  I can't imagine why there isn't a plastic tunnel for the waste to drop directly down from the bowl to the tank.  Can someone help me understand how this works?  Thetford sells thousands so I guess ir is correct.
Thanks,

You hit the nail on the head.  I just pulled my AM 5 to put in a new blade seal.  The under side of the toilet was CCRRUUDDYY!!!!!  I filled the utility sink with bleach, soap and hot water and let the toilet soak for a couple of hours. About 95% of the crud was removed.  It seems like a Mickey Mouse design.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom